For any ladies around 195 lbs...

Options
How many calories did u eat daily to see weight loss success? Mfp suggests 1200 but that seems like not enough for me!

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I was 194 when I started losing weight in January... I came to MFP after losing about 14 lbs and at 180 I was eating 1660 net... so 1660 plus all my exercise calories. That was the goal I was given when I said I wanted to lose a half pound per week. But... eating that amount actually gives me about a 1.5 lbs/week loss.

Set your goal to half a pound instead of 1 or 2 lbs and eat that for a couple of weeks. See how it feels... if you don't lose, change it to 1 lb.
  • mjamesmeyer
    Options
    Im finding out with exercise 1200 calories is enough. Also with friends to support me is a great tool. Determinai
    tion is the other. Also I am diabetic and want to get the weight under control for myself. So I have found enough things to eat that are low calorie and balance my surgar.
  • BibiFit03
    BibiFit03 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I initially started out trying to eat 1200 a day (trying to lose 2 lbs a week), but I was hungry all the time and going over almost every day. It wasn't working. And the constant feeling of failure was not helping me to stay motivated. So I upped it to 1430 (trying to lose 1 lb a week). It's much more manageable and I find that quite often, I have a few calories left at the end of the day - even on days without exercise. I'd rather lose the weight slower and keep it off than starve myself for a few months and gain it all back when I stop counting.
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I started at 190 lbs and 1650 cals per day Ps plus I ate back all excercise calories
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I was 194 when I started losing weight in January... I came to MFP after losing about 14 lbs and at 180 I was eating 1660 net... so 1660 plus all my exercise calories. That was the goal I was given when I said I wanted to lose a half pound per week. But... eating that amount actually gives me about a 1.5 lbs/week loss.

Set your goal to half a pound instead of 1 or 2 lbs and eat that for a couple of weeks. See how it feels... if you don't lose, change it to 1 lb.
    THIS! ^
    I was eating 1200 cals around 190 pounds and not losing a thing. I bumped my cals up to about 1600 and starting losing at a steady rate again, about a pound a week. It seems counter-intuitive but it worked for me.
  • WannaBeThin87
    WannaBeThin87 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    thanks ladies!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!