30 day shred

emmlou
emmlou Posts: 15 Member
i have been doing the 30 day shred i finished lvl one and had a couple of days off during that time my left ankle has become so very sore n slightly swollen im not sure if its from the jumping jacks maybe i dont know has anyone else had any problems with their ankles doing the shred

Replies

• thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    I haven't had any issues. Do you think you might have turned or twisted one ankle? All I can hear is Jillian's voice saying don't do it this way because we don't need any injuries :noway:
  • 10goal13
    10goal13 Posts: 54
    No injuries, thats not allowed, not part of the programme lol

Sometimes i get a weird pain in my shin(s) doing the dvd like minor shin splints but it goes off thankfully when i focus on putting even weight on both my legs/feet
  • ladykaisa
    ladykaisa Posts: 236 Member
    Form. I used to get that too, both the shin splint feeling and the ankle swelling. I ended up using a brace on my bad ankle (one of those slip on, sock like ones) and really watched my form. Form is more important then reps! Go slower then the girls to make sure your form is correct. You can always pick up speed/reps when you have for form down solid.
  • emmlou
    i feel really bad about it of all the things i tried not to do was have any injuries from it, i am even constantly looking in the mirror during the workout to check my posture n make sure everything is in line i realy dont know what i did wrong ,i really wanted to start lvl 2 asap but gonna have to wait abit longer now :( just hoping i dont go back to day 1 stamina and fitness lvl that would be a real shame
  • emmlou
    ok so i should just go slow n steady make sure im doing every movement correct rather than trying to keep up the the girls, well now i think i know were i may have been going wrong with some of it
  • serentity78
    serentity78 Posts: 89 Member
    I am now on day 7 of level 2... My ankles are fine but at times top of my feet hurt like maybe impact of all those jumps! I have only taken one day off so far... I have some leg pain during jumping jacks, I try to focus on doing them right even if it means more modified or less movement either way I still sweat!!
  • alyssaf1
    alyssaf1 Posts: 1
    I have weak ankles so the JJs and the jump rope hurt a little. I have never been a fan of either, but I am pushing through. Took the day off for heel pain but getting right back on wagon tomorrow. Make sure you have good supportive shoes - I need to get a new pair myself.
  • I made it through the thirty days, but my joints ACHED when I started M3. I think it is all the crazy jumping. When I do it now, I just try hang on with the girl that ISN'T Natalie! LOL