Replies

• Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I don't care what celebrities do.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    How do you get a quick sugar rush without consuming any carbohydrates?
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    ABSURD!
    Juicing is GREAT!
    I suppose like anything, some can over-do it, but this article's conclusions are laughable.
    Go drink and enjoy some fresh juice...:drinker:

The article is specifically referring to the "juice ONLY" diets. I don't think consuming only fruit and veg, regardless of its exposure to a blender, is healthy.

"Juicing" is great. A "juice regimen", not so much.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    ABSURD!
    Juicing is GREAT!
    I suppose like anything, some can over-do it, but this article's conclusions are laughable.
    Go drink and enjoy some fresh juice...:drinker:

The article is specifically referring to the "juice ONLY" diets. I don't think consuming only fruit and veg, regardless of its exposure to a blender, is healthy.

"Juicing" is great. A "juice regimen", not so much.
    As I said "like anything, some can over-do it,"
    We agree. This falls under the heading of crash dieting, and these miserable celebs excel at all things unhealthy.
    That's why their lives are so unhappy and relationships such failures.
  • patchesgizmo
    patchesgizmo Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    You mean to tell me if you're on a diet in which you're not getting enough calories or essential nutrients there may be some negative side effects?

tumblr_m57xd65swZ1qjvxfho1_500.jpg

^^^all of the above
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    LOL that is censored Janice D ickenson's last name.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    The best part of that article is that MFP censored Janice ****insons name.

I stopped reading at that part. LOL
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    I don't care what celebrities do.

^^THIS.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Actually most juicers remove the fibre part of the vegie and fruit. So there is very little fibre in juice. Juice is obviously a liquid...fibre mostly is a solid. Unless your actually blending whole fruits and veggies with your juices then you are only getting the liquid benefits.

^^THIS! About once per month, I have a "juice day" (24 hr fast). I have high blood pressure, and I tend to retain water. This one day fast helps me flush excess fluids out of my system. I don't just drink the juice, though. I have a food processor, and I puree the fruits and veggies into liquid form, then I add a scoop of vanilla whey protein to the fruit purees. I always feel MUCH better (more energy, less bloated) the next day, and my skin looks phenominal for the next week or so. I also do this on a day when I know I'm not going to be very active, so I don't have to worry about feeling like I'm starving.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    How do you get a quick sugar rush without consuming any carbohydrates?

Haha! Good catch! I didn't even notice that the first time through the article! :drinker:
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I am not a big fruit eater so by adding in drinking(juicing) some fruits and veggies on occasion to get some fruits into my life I don't see as a bad thing as long as I am eating normally as well....But a juice fast I wouldn't do now...I have thought about it in the past though...But just juicing on occasion by just replacing a meal every few days I see no problem with that...Just my opinion though!! :)