Body build questions 9in regards to the bone structure) not

Options
I made the below post a few week back. I guess I didn't explain my question well enough. I understand that how my muscles and body fat are proportioned all over my body can (and are) pear shaped, so I will have a thicker bottom half. All the body frame equations I find only take into account wrists and elbows. I honestly think that my hips bones and knees joints are ones that would be categorized as a medium build. Yet whenI calculate my top half (since that is onl.y what the equations take into account) it says that I am a small frame. Jjust wondering if there is a site that takes the bones in the bottom half into account for the equations?

Your input is muc appreciated! Thanks all!! :drinker: :drinker:

Mon 08/31/09 06:41 AMhttp://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/fsz

All of the different body build formulas I find seem to only take into account the upper body. Should you not look at hips and knees as well to get a more accurate idea of someones frame or build? I believe I have a small upper half but would be floored if I had anything other than a medium build for my bottom half (wide hips and wide knees).

Wondering what everyone's thoughts are!

Thanks everybody

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert but as I understand it your (anyones) frame is dictated by bone structure not the site of fat storage. usually if you are small framed by measuring your upperbody you most liekly are. The diference comes in with regards to where you store fat.

Yes some people have larger hips, even if they are thinner, but that does not mean a large frame, just like some people have larger heads. a larger head (skull which is made of bone) does not mean a larger frame.