New timer - excited about making a change!

Options
Hi y'all! I was introduced to this app/site the other day by a friend at work. She said it was amazing and very easy to use. So I bit the bullet this morning and started logging right away. (She was right - it's SO easy, especially with the bar code scanner!) I've been given 1200 calories a day to work with - so is that the amount of calories I need to end up with at the end of the day when all the food and exercise has been taken into account?

I'm going to be 49 in just under 2 months, and would love to be at my goal weight by my birthday NEXT year - so I've got 60 lbs to go and about 60 weeks to do it. Friends for encouragement and support would be most welcome. :smile:

I live near Portland OR so I think one of my major stumbling blocks will be the many fine breweries :drinker: and wineries in the area. But the summer weather is so great, I hope to be active outdoors a LOT.

Hope y'all have had an excellent 4th of July!
~Bonnie :flowerforyou:

Replies

• glow7
    glow7 Posts: 8
    Options
    I am 46 and getting back on track. I don't have the courage to get on the scales. Good luck to you. My weakness is anything highly saturated with fat and sugar. I am a yo yoer...big problem. Maybe we can buddy up.
  • Randulll
    Randulll Posts: 2
    Options
    1200 Calories is what you're starting at, so if you made it through the whole day without doing anything you'd be eating real light. Each exercise you add will raise that number allowing you to eat more.