So I work at Cold Stone Creamery....

Options
obviously this doesn't do well while I'm trying to lose weight. Being around ice cream constantly is just torture! I always start my shift saying that I'm not going to eat any ice cream, and by the end of the night I've eaten way too much ice cream. Does anybody have any ideas for how I can stay motivated and away from ice cream?

The only solution I can come up with is quitting my job, and I'm not going to do that. Help!:sad:

Replies

• lovesmerlot
    lovesmerlot Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    visualize it on your body. Seriously, I have to "see" it in my head what the food is going to look like.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    sometimes saying something is totally off limits makes you want it more. Instead of saying I'm not going to eat any ice cream limit yourself to one small one and make it allowable AFTER you eat real food. Then you can go to sorbet or allow only a half a small until you have weaned yourself to one per week or something.

No food should be considered evil or off limits instead you have to remember these types of foods should be considered treats, which I am sure you know, but then you may maintain a little more self control :wink:
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I agree!!!! When your about to scoop up some ice cream think of the pounds its causing... and then think about the way you want to look like and how proud of your self your going to be when you reach your goal weight and all those cute out fits you want to wear or buy... :happy:
  • jlefton1212
    jlefton1212 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I would say that bringing some mint gum, mouthwash, or even brushing your teeth when you get a craving might help. I am sure that ice cream would not taste good at all if your mouth is all minty! I sometimes do that when I am craving sugar at work. :smile:
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I really don't have any advice but I must tell you that Cold Stone is my weakness and if I worked there I'd REALLY be fat! :laugh:

Maybe tell one of your coworkers to slap or kick you when they see you getting ready to eat some. That would probably be what I would have to do to not be caught back in the freezers with a big tub of ice cream and a spoon.....:indifferent:
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I can't offer anything but sympathy, although I think Nich0le suggestion is probably what would've worked for me. I worked at a candy/nut store for 3 years while I was in college. I gained all kinds of weight eating chocolate covered nuts, gummy candy, fudge, all sorts of wonderful yummy treats. When I graduated college and got a new job, I lost 50 lbs without even trying.
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    That would be really hard not to eat icecream, but as others said, making something off limits just makes it that much more tempting. A few things that work for me when I have a craving is to look at motivating picture (for me, it's the one from before I gained all my extra weight) or sometimes I take out a note that I wrote to myself. I know it probably sounds corny, but if you write yourself a note and say all the reasons you want to lose weight/get in shape, it's hard to still be able to say that the treat will taste better than achieving your goals.
  • jigs
    jigs Posts: 70
    Options
    I log what I eat. Then I'm motivated to exercise to 'earn' those extra calories. Even if it means exercise during my break. I agree with the others who say limit yourself to a small serving, but don't try to NOT eat any. You'll feel bad when you fail. With a small serving you can work it off with exercise and 'treat' yourself.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    That would be tough!!!! I would say if you are going to eat it, then you *have* to log it here. So measure it out *exactly* what serving you are going to eat and that's it!! No cleaning up leftover pieces, no finishing off a little here or there. I'm sure that the little bites add up to a lot more than you think.

Otherwise try to brush your teeth, chew gum, drink water, and make sure you're eating other healthy snacks so you aren't starving and diving into the ice cream. :wink:

My motto is w/ my kids plates (it used to be so easy to finish up leftover food) that I'd rather let it go to WASTE rather than to my WAIST!!