weighing eggs

Options
shakybabe
shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
I weighed eggs in shell and they are 62g each (having 2 hard boiled for breakfast) when I look for egg calories.. do they usually give weight of egg in the shell or cooked and peeled?

Replies

• LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: No Idea,but Bumping this for later
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    i just choose hard boiled egg 1 large
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Why not do calories by size. Medium, large, extra large, jumbo. The packers have done the sizing for you.
  • fonitoni
    fonitoni Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Honestly- just look at the size on the carton and just go by that. No need to go nuts.
  • ColleenRoss50
    ColleenRoss50 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Yep, just go by the size of the egg. I always buy large. One large egg contains 78 calories if hard boiled. It's in the database.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    lol! well I had been more relaxed as last month got to within 1lb of my goal but after my TOTM the water hasn't all come back off again so decided to go back stricter and weigh everything and cut all carbs just till next Tuesday when I get weighed on proper hospital scales to see what weight they say I am.

I have difficulty keeping my balance on standing scales and have rollator in front to hold onto but I'm getting different weights everytime I get on and off... hospital ones I sit on cos its for wheelchair users so thought I may get a more accurate weight.

I took some water tablets today and trying to drink water all day and only eat salad, and veg with meat or fish... I'm wondering whether I should stop the daily exercise to see if water will drop off and maybe storing water cos I upped my exercise routine to do 2-3 sessions a day and burn an extra 1,000? .. I have lost extra inch off tummy and waist this month but was 9st 4 just before TOTM and still 9st 7 today! (and they ended last week) :sad:
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Honestly- just look at the size on the carton and just go by that. No need to go nuts.

A Voice Of Reason :)
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Yep, just go by the size of the egg. I always buy large. One large egg contains 78 calories if hard boiled. It's in the database.

Word.
  • offthedeependay
    offthedeependay Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I scan the carton with my I-phone ,they already did the calculations,,close enough for me
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Yep - I go by the calories on the carton...I buy medium size and clock them in at 80 cals a pop. xx