Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

My running fields have overgrown!

The fields I run round with my dogs are farmers land, they are hilly but generally no people are there accept for one part with dog walkers.
The paths around the edges have now overgrown to the point I can barely see over them and I have to wade through it all. There is one field that is not too bad, possible to run on without it getting caught up in my feet, it has a long big hill on it.

Is it worth running up and down the hill? It is going to be overgrown for a good few weeks and I don't want to only do crosstrainer etc. I love being outdoors.

(on a side note, I have social phobia. Running down the street or somewhere else I don't know is not an option at the moment)

Thanks in advance :D

Replies

• Yes! It may even be more effective than running at a steady pace :-)
  • DaveTopliss
    DaveTopliss Posts: 10 Member
    If its mainly grass, it will probably be taken as silage or hay in which case it will be gone as soon as conditions are a little better, needs to be dry to collect. Everyone is struggling a little this year getting the grass in due to the heavy rain in June/July,
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    If its mainly grass, it will probably be taken as silage or hay in which case it will be gone as soon as conditions are a little better, needs to be dry to collect. Everyone is struggling a little this year getting the grass in due to the heavy rain in June/July,

Yeah. I've walked round these fields for years, it is left over grown for quite a while overgrown around the edges. Even when the main field has been harvested (or what ever they do :P)
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member

Yeah. I've walked round these fields for years, it is left over grown for quite a while overgrown around the edges. Even when the main field has been harvested (or what ever they do :P)
    Farmers get paid to leave the edges of fields alone, so wildlife can increase. Keep running the same route, and you'll make your own paths.
  • margo36
    margo36 Posts: 222 Member
    Sounds like where I live :smile:
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member

Farmers get paid to leave the edges of fields alone, so wildlife can increase. Keep running the same route, and you'll make your own paths.

Oh really? I didn't know that. I don't think it is possible to make my own path. I walk there every day even if I don't run and its just kept growing and growing. I'm being headbutted by so many bugs! lol

Also its not possible to run now, It is unlevel ground and now can't see the holes, it is even difficult to walk. But it does give me a good burn according to my HRM lol