how to reduce fat intake?

2»

Replies

• futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    I'm jealous. I have the opposite problem. I keep ending up having only eaten like 2 g of fat for the entire day. I'm going to copy your diet to boost mine.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Try an elimination diet, removing one food/food group at a time and taking note of symptoms, etc. Peanut butter, too much dairy both wreak havoc on my digestion. See what works for you

Will defs try. Thank you.
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Greek yogurt is low in fat or you can get the fat free and it's pretty high in protein.

Good luck!!!!!
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    It's easy.
    Eat lean meats, fresh fruits and veggies, low fat dairy, nuts and whole grains.
    Balance your macros as per MFP recommendations or your doctor.
    Simple deal.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    I second an elimination diet for IBS instead of just trying to eliminate fat. IBS has different triggers for everybody. One of mine is carrots. No fat in carrots.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    People always think Paleo is low carb. It's not. It's just good old fashioned clean eating. It tends to be reduced carb because you cut out all the crap food & filler. That's all. You can go low fat, high carb through paleo. If you did it that way, you'd be eating lots of lean protein, veggies, and fruit.
  • siouan
    siouan Posts: 40 Member
    I'm following a low fat diet since being diagnosed with gallstones and ending up in hospital. I'm trying to make sure I mostly eat things with less than 3g of fat per 100g, but will go up to 5g occasionally. I'm always reading the labels on everything in the supermarket!

Since following this, I've had vast improvements in my IBS, and I've found that, even though I can't eat a lot of things I used to, there is a lot more low fat stuff available than I thought.

I'm not sure what brands you can get where you are, but in UK I have Muller yoghurts nearly every day for breakfast, and a lot of the Weightwatchers foods are also low fat, so I'm still able to have chocolate mousses for dessert, or Ben & Jerry frozen yoghurt. Feels like I'm eating bad stuff but its all within my parameters.

I do tend to buy a lot of ready meals (lazy me!), but have had plenty of choices from the supermarket own-brand ranges. They all seem to do a diet range with lots of nice stuff.

Also, chicken breast and pork loin steaks are low enough in fat, and turkey mince is great for bolognese or things like that. I make my own burgers with turkey mince, herbs, spices and some tomato ketchup.

I'll open up my diary so you can have a look at the kinds of things I'm having. I'm usually around 30g of fat each day.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    People always think Paleo is low carb. It's not. It's just good old fashioned clean eating. It tends to be reduced carb because you cut out all the crap food & filler. That's all. You can go low fat, high carb through paleo. If you did it that way, you'd be eating lots of lean protein, veggies, and fruit.

Ahhokay, I try to eat clean as possible, although including things like yogurt, cheese and oatmeal.
    Past couple days have been pretty crappy because power was out for 12 hours both days.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Paleo is a junk marketing term. It doesn't really mean anything.