40 something trying to loose 10 lbs.

ellenfellenz
ellenfellenz Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi everyone, this is my first post eventhough I have dabbling on this site for a while. I am turning 42 this year and am carrying around an extra 10 lbs. I realize it isn't a ton to loose but my size 6's are starting to get too small and there is no way I am going up to an 8.
What I used to do to stay the same wait doesn't work anymore. I spoke to my doctor about it and she says it comes with age. So we have to work harder to achieve the same results. My diet isn't bad but I snack too much. And I can't seem to get on a regular exercise schedule. I love to walk but some how can't find the time to do it 3-4 times a week.
But you have to start some where so here I go. A new commitment to loosing the 10 lbs, entering my food every day and walking the walks.
EL

Replies

• Eava57
    Eava57 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Your smart to start watching your diet/weight at 42. I let myself gain 60 pounds from age 42-52! I have lost 25 and am continuing to work on it. I discovered this site in July. It is really motivating. Good luch to you!:happy:
  • caranne
    caranne Posts: 19 Member
    Oh I know how well how you feel! I'm 44 and, like yourself, am about 10lbs over my ideal weight. It just seems to have crept on since I turned 40! I'm finding it almost impossible to shift, I do walk quite a bit, but not enough apparently! Good luck with it anyhow
This discussion has been closed.