Anyone try a stretch mark cream that works?

Options
2»

Replies

• SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Hvaing been in the beauty industry for many years I can tell you than NONE of them will make stretch marks dissapear. They can reduce the appearance, reduce some of the redness but this is torn tissue and no cream will repair it. Keeping your skin well hydrated will reduce the risk of stretch marks forming, however once the tissue is torn, the damge is done.

Spot on - I worked as a beauty journalist and have had panels of women trying every product on the market. It's simple biology - once the damage is done, it's done. But they do fade with time and fake tan can help cover them up. Keeping the skin moisturised will also help the appearance as the skin will look soft. At the end of the day they are like cellulite - most people have them and it's just one of those things we cannot change.
  • hellonheels88
    hellonheels88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I've used Maderma on the ones on my stomach from my daughter. They aren't 100% gone but they are A LOT lighter and they no longer turn bright red/pink in the sun/heat. Before using it, if I laid out in the sun, they would turn bright red/pink/purple. I was so embarassed. Last year I used it for about 2 months before going to the beach a few times and you could barely tell they were there. I mean...they were there but they had lightened up and blended in a lot better after some tanning. :)
  • pdkent01
    pdkent01 Posts: 3
    Options
    I did really well until I had my twins... then my tummy looked like a road map of Chicago... they are faded now, but I don't think they will ever be gone unless they are surgically removed.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    You guys might be interested in this http://www.mederma.com/offers
  • keish84
    keish84 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mazjarvis
    mazjarvis Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to tell you that NOTHING helps with stretch marks. Stretch marks occur when the collagen within the skin start to break down. It is this which enables your skin to ping back into shape.Think of your skin as the elastic in your knickers....sometimes they just go out of shape and never recover no matter what you do. Everybodys skin is different and collagen will break down at different rates. This is why you can even get stretch marks, no matter how skinny you are. I work in the beauty industry and spray tan a lot of people of all shapes and sizes and believe me skinny people do have stretch marks too.
  • mazjarvis
    mazjarvis Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    No moisturiser makes stretch marks fade...Time will make them fainter regardless of what you apply and how much it costs...HOWEVER moisturing will make your skin feel smoother and softer. When you feel great it gives you more confidence. Try a little bit of fake tan with moisturiser to give you a natural glow and confidence boost. Learn to say "what the hell". People will always notice your confidence an not pay any attention to your stretch marks...promise
  • Twiztedbeing
    Twiztedbeing Posts: 389
    Options
    I have seen results from a freind on here that uses Maderma. From what I could tell, it worked extremely well.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Mama Mio or RPN Flawless
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    microdermabrasion is a laser surgery I'd like to get done but I don't know how much it cost. I know that my doctor offers it, I might go in for a free conciliation.
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    100% pure cocoa butter, pure vitamin E, and tanning.
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    They work a little bit

Loosing so much weight I had them bad, but using palmers coca butter products they are blending in nicely
    I use it 2 sometimes 3 times a day
  • nooserat
    nooserat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Check out Apothederm Stretch Mark Cream! It's so worth the price. You cant find it in stores but only off their website and if you email customer service they will give you a coupon code (mine was for $10 off).

I had the worse stretch marks from my twins and now they have faded and shrunk. I wore a bikini for the first time yesterday and my husband even mentioned that I was back to my normal body. Fitness pal has helped with the weight and Apothederm with my stretch marks :happy: