Strapless bra question

Options
IRun4Me_12
IRun4Me_12 Posts: 240 Member
Can anyone recommend a good one??? I HATE them with a passion because they don't give me nice shape at all. I normally wear a 34DD in regular bras - so I NEED good support. So many cute outfits I want to buy, but I would need a good strapless bra, and I just can't find one that makes me look normal !

Replies

• TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Definitely interested here too.

I went to Fredrick's of Hollywood and picked up one for an event I was attending, but they only had one type, and quite honestly I wish I'd shopped around because it's uncomfortable. T_T
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I think strapless for DD will never support well. How about silicone straps?
  • Mist1981
    Mist1981 Posts: 145
    Options
    Victoria Secret has a strapless push up that's awesome!
  • MegdKel
    MegdKel Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have a strapless from Cacique (sp? - Lane Bryant). If I remember correctly it has removable straps, I've had it for a few years so they might not have the exact same style anymore - but I *love* that bra - it's more comfortable than a couple others I have and it has great shape to it. I wear a 44DD, and it does the job :)
  • Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    If you have Victoria's Secret near you - they aren't cheap but they do fit well and are comfortable. (And yes they do have ones that aren't made for a runway model). :ohwell:
  • lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    have you tried a long line strapless bra (ie. one where the clips go down to your waist). that should help!.
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I think strapless for DD will never support well.

I've yet to find a great strapless bra & I'm also 32/34DD. I've tried cheap ones, expensive VS ones, nothing seems to give the support (and shape!!) that I want. I usually end up wearing 2 strapless bras to keep things in place. Annoying, and makes me super self-conscious, but whatever. Curious to hear other suggestions :)
  • wantstolooseweight
    wantstolooseweight Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Personally I'm going with the "strapless bra's are crap" approach so I use a normal one with clear see - through straps ............. depending on the neckline of what I'm wearing sometimes I use a bikini top which I can tie lower down my back for low backed dresses.............
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Victoria Secret has a multi-way bra that you can make strap-less. It also comes with the clear straps as well. I love it (I believe its called the bio-fit) it stays in place, doesn't fall down, and offers great support!.
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
  • soymilkcoffee
    Options
    I'm a 36D and I use Victoria's Secret strapless bras. Of course, you don't get GREAT support, but it's better than wrapping my chest with duct tape. :P
    I bought the one with removable straps. It's a great bra because you can adjust the straps for any kind of top or dress you're wearing, i.e., use one strap for a halter top.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I got one from JC Penny's that works really well. It has non-slip material on the inside so it won't slide down. It also includes removable straps. I can't remember what brand it is, but I'll look when I get home. BTW, I am a C cup and it supports me fairly well. My best friend is DD and she wears this bra without a problem. In fact, she's the one who suggested it to me.
  • GeneveSparkles
    GeneveSparkles Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Maybe try a convertable bra. You might get better support that way.
  • 512cheangela
    512cheangela Posts: 133
    Options
    I got a really nice one from the Maidenform outlet for a really reasonable price. I'm a 34E (sometimes DD depending on manufacturer) and the 34DD did the job relatively well despite being a lower cup size. I'm not sure if this is an option for you, but in Austin here they have a specialty bra shop that is really great about providing custom bras to those of us that are bigger than a D cup. You might want to look into seeing if there is a "boob store" near you.
  • ahelland21
    ahelland21 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I loooooove the brand Wacoal. I wear a 34DDD and have a strapless from them that works *fairly* well. Fair warning, they are not cheap, but are really nice!! I usually buy Wacoal at Von Maur, but I am sure there are probably other stores that carry it too -- Macy's, JCPenney's??
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    what about clear straps?
  • acpgranberg
    acpgranberg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm a 38DD and I have a black bustier that I wear under my clothes when i need a strapless bra. Holds everything up and gives me good posture.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I have a strapless from Cacique (sp? - Lane Bryant). If I remember correctly it has removable straps, I've had it for a few years so they might not have the exact same style anymore - but I *love* that bra - it's more comfortable than a couple others I have and it has great shape to it. I wear a 44DD, and it does the job :)

They have a new version out....removeable straps and it stays put! I'm a 38DDD, and it holds me up well! Victoria's Secret doesn't have anything above a D in stock, so definitely head to Lane Bryant.
  • nmb0717
    nmb0717 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have an amazing strapless from Victoria's Secret (38DD) that works WONDERS. It also comes with removable straps, just FYI. It's a "Body By Victoria Lined Strapless". Mine is nude with white polka dots on them (surprisingly you can't see anything under a white dress). I've never been big on strapless bras as they never stay put but this one has the best side straps that really hug your body and keep everything in place! Check it out.
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    No clear straps- yuck!

I am a 36DD and I have a strapless from Victoria's Secret that I love. They have a lot of different varieties so try them on to see what fits you best.