Binged and ate like 1,000 over..

Options
So what's my damage and how can I ensure that it doesn't turn to fat? I won't do that again I felt horrible. :embarassed:

Replies

• samantha115
    Options
    I did it too. Last night I went to eat mexican food. I had beef enchiladas and the rice and beans! Then went to Braums for a sunde. I didnt eat it all but it was so, so good. It was a great night. Allow yourself those kinds of days just not everyday.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    well good for you! Friday is now over..............and Saturday is here!! WOOT!

New day, new plan!!

Lots and Lots of water, eat well today with salad and less sodium foods and you will be back to normal!

Life is for the living..............you enjoyed!!

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • sparkles321
    Options
    I agree, you have to allow yourself these sorts of days on occasion. Some foods just will not fit into our healthier eating plans, unless you want to eat just one bite as a whole meal. You might find yourself gaining some water weight depending on the sodium levels of what you ate. After I eat pizza, I usually gain 2 pounds, but will lose it again within a couple days. So don't panic if you see that. Just don't make a habit of these sorts of days and you'll be fine.
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    It takes 3,500 calories over to gain 1 lb. I wouldnt worry about it
  • MattySparky
    Options
    It takes 3500 to gain a lb of fat yes... but you probably see a big difference on the scale today. Dont lose your focus though most of it will be retained water and extra weight from the extra food.
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options

New day, new plan!!

Lots and Lots of water, eat well today with salad and less sodium foods and you will be back to normal!

LOVE this answer!!! i too had mexican yesterday....and it was sooooo good!!!! Today i am getting ready to workout, then i am going to eat like i do most days ;) LOTS of water, protein shake, salad with lean protein, fruits and fresh veggies from the garden....DON'T not eat today to make up for it...that will throw you out of whack...simply eat clean and you will feel great!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

New day, new plan!!

I second what Jeannie said! She's always got the greatest advice! :smile:
  • rachi20024
    rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Thanks I feel very relieved from all of the positive replys, I will not lose focus on my goals...keepin my chin up :happy:
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options

New day, new plan!!

I agree! Its done and over with, move forward. :heart:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    It takes 3500 to gain a lb of fat yes... but you probably see a big difference on the scale today. Dont lose your focus though most of it will be retained water and extra weight from the extra food.

exactlyt!! :drinker:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options

New day, new plan!!

I AGREE ALSO:happy: :flowerforyou:
  • LauraGUnit
    Options
    Did we ALL eat Mexican food last night?!
  • rachi20024
    rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Um I actually ate chinese but that is pretty funny that the majority ate Mexican.
  • ldbenincasa
    Options
    I agree!! Frankly, what has made me successful on MFP is that it is a life-style change, not a diet. That said, you have not ruined everything by over-indulging on one day. I overate yesterday too. We went to a local seafood festival for dinner and I had seafood newburg, a lobster roll, 2 coconut shrimp, 2 seafood stuffed mushrooms and an apple crisp. I had about 600 calories remaining for dinner. I didn't even bother logging all that I ate -- I know I was way over my remaining 600 cals. BUT, I enjoyed the night, treated myself to some very yummy food, and am back on track today. Also, I knew before I went that I was going to go way over and I was completely OK with that. Life is to be enjoyed! Today I am back to my healthy ways and a trip to the gym. I don't feel the least bit guilty, nor should you!