Lately!

Options
Lately, I've been so :sad: unmotivated. BLAH!, BLAH!, BLAH! I haven't logged because I've been treating myself. :love: (I mean really treating myself) :love: . 1 brownie won't hurt and then it's 2 it's jusified because I can sweat it off right?:devil: Wrong!!!! Then I make an excuse not to workout. I'm tired :yawn: my back hurts :grumble: . I just need to get up and get out there. I've lost my MOJO guys and I need a swift kick in the butt. Help

Replies

• rtmama
    rtmama Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Just brush yourself off, and start fresh. Everyone stumbles, just take this as a learning experience, and move forward. Do your best, that's all you can do, right?

Good luck!!!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Some days, you just HAVE to MAKE yourself do it, babe; you can look for motivation all around you, and you might get some and you might not, but most of the time, it's going to come from inside you!
    Today, I got on that elliptical, and 10 minutes in I just wanted to quit, and I thought "Every minute on this thing is like TORTURE, but my feet aren't going to move themselves!"

Maybe try something different today, or do your exercise but promise yourself you're not going to go all out - sometimes just a nice easy walk or some yoga and stretching is all you need - something --ANYTHING is better than nothing at all! You can do this, and you're at such a good age for it - you reap far more bennies than us old fogies! (JK:laugh: )... HTH!! xoxox :heart:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Some days, you just HAVE to MAKE yourself do it, babe; you can look for motivation all around you, and you might get some and you might not, but most of the time, it's going to come from inside you!
    Today, I got on that elliptical, and 10 minutes in I just wanted to quit, and I thought "Every minute on this thing is like TORTURE, but my feet aren't going to move themselves!"

Maybe try something different today, or do your exercise but promise yourself you're not going to go all out - sometimes just a nice easy walk or some yoga and stretching is all you need - something --ANYTHING is better than nothing at all! You can do this, and you're at such a good age for it - you reap far more bennies than us old fogies! (JK:laugh: )... HTH!! xoxox :heart:

I TOTALLY AGREE:happy: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • 11kimberly11
    11kimberly11 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Getting the ball rolling is the hardest part. Force yourself to do something anything and before you know it you'll be back into it. I know that sometimes if I tell myself Just do 10 minutes of walking but thats all I needed to get back into it and before you know it I've done my full 30 minutes.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I find that those days where I don't want to go to the gym, I force myself to go thinking "If I get there and really still hate it, I can leave, but I have to at least walk in there and do something." And I swear, those days usually end up being the ones I do the most!

So make a promise to yourself, tell yourself like "Okay, I'll do at least 20 minutes on the elliptical, and if I hate it so much I can't go on, I can leave." You might find the motivation in those 20 minutes!
  • hgirl1021
    Options
    I find that those days where I don't want to go to the gym, I force myself to go thinking "If I get there and really still hate it, I can leave, but I have to at least walk in there and do something." And I swear, those days usually end up being the ones I do the most!

So make a promise to yourself, tell yourself like "Okay, I'll do at least 20 minutes on the elliptical, and if I hate it so much I can't go on, I can leave." You might find the motivation in those 20 minutes!

i can totally relate to this! the days that i feel so motivated or energetic, i hit the gym and feel like i don't get much accomplished. but on those days when i force myself to go, its magical once i get sweating!

so get up and get moving. you can do this, and you know you can. you've done it over and over again with results. make yourself mini goals to get motivated. a new shirt, or pants when you reach your mini goal. a manicure...something to motivate you through your lbs! i always reach in the closet and pull out my 'skinny' clothes and TRY :laugh: to squeez in them. sure, its a bit discouraging, but it gives me the extra drive i need on days like you're having. cause then i think back...if i kick it in gear, i'll GET INTO THOSE PANTS!! :bigsmile:

good luck, hun.

:heart: jessica
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Make a commitment to work out with somebody else. Then you feel guilty if you back out. I go to the gym with my husband and there is no way he would let me off going:smile:

I found a women's walking group on meetup.com in my area and when I commit to going, I feel I have to. These women power walk and it is amazing. They have found some beautiful trails to walk on and they are always good company.

Look for somebody or some group in your area and go....get active
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day and I will try to change my routine I think I may just be stuck in a rut and all the compliments I've been getting has got my ego inflated. :noway: I still have 20lbs to lose and I don't want to just give up Thank You rtmama
  • Ten10
    Options
    Funny :laugh: Russia1513 I peeled myself off of the couch to go to the gym and about 10-15 min into the workout I am thinking of ways to get out of it and of other things I could be doing. This is definitely a challenge for me especially since I don't see the number on the scale moving I don't feel like moving either. :sad:
  • Ten10
    Options
    That is exactly what I did 11kimberly11 after the initial shock I got over it and completed my workout needless to say I did 45 minutes on the elliptical today and some weight training. I am so excited :happy: !Yay Me! I just hope I can stay out of the kitchen. lmyo
  • Ten10
    Options
    That is definitely what I need some accountability. I will check out that website, thanx I appreciate it havingitall
  • Ten10
    Options
    That is really good advice thanx toots99! Guys I really appreciate all of the good advice and suggestions. You are all AWESOME!! :flowerforyou: I was a little discouraged with the plateau and this back injury that I just wanted to quit. I know that this is a journey and that I have to take it one day at a time.
  • angiered
    angiered Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    It's time to find something new and fun to do!

Go for a hike instead of hitting the gym, learn how to do something that always looked fun, take a lesson or two...

Rock Climbing (there are rock wall gyms all over, where I live anyway)
    Take a ballet class, or hip hop, or jazz/tap....
    Go swimming
    Take a Kayaking lessing
    Learn how to surf or windsurf
    Get into nature photography...grab your camera and GO! :)

Shake up your diet. Find some new recipes to try....

You need to make it fun again! :D