100 Pounds Lost So Far! :) With Pics!

Options
Telugammayi87
Telugammayi87 Posts: 170 Member
I was feeling a bit down around my TOM, and hating my body... so I started going through pictures from over the past 2 years. All I can say is WOW! Seeing all of the pictures really gave me the strength to keep going . I'm 5'8" and started at around 285-290 in June 2010. I now weigh 190lbs as of last Sunday. My goal weight is around 150, which sometimes seems so far, but I know I can do it! I've gone from a size 24/26 to 14/16! My weightloss tends to stall when school is in, but at least i don't GAIN any weight back. (Lifestyle changes, people, LIFESTYLE CHANGES!! ;)) Working 50-60 hours per week plus school full time leaves very little workout time! I do well just to cook my meals and avoid fast food! I was a Biology major in school, but I recently changed to Human Health and Performance/ Dietetics because I've become very passionate about helping others. My ultimate goal is to open a clinic geared towards overweight and obese children, and parent education. Ideally it will be non-profit and low cost because the lower income families tend to have higher obesity rates. I want to show them that it doesn't take a lot of money to be healthy! ;) Anyways, here's my weightloss in photos!! I hope I post these links correctly!

Here's me starting at 285-290 lbs. My whole life, I've always been heavy, but it was not until I was in an emotionally abusive relationship for about 3.5 years that I ballooned up this large. Before this, my largest had been around 245.
These following 2 pictures are what motivated me to start losing weight! YUCK!!!! What started my weightloss was swimming... and dancing... LOTS of dancing... and lots of combining the swimming with dancing! ;)

IMG_2951.jpg

IMG_2763.jpg

The next pic is from October 2010. I was around 250-255lbs. Definitely feeling better about myself even after just 30lbs lost!

255.jpg

School started, and I did not lose much late. Also I dated a guy and he ended up being an @$$hole... I really liked him and then he just stopped calling, texting, etc. I had lost down to about 235, but then I shot up to 247 in March 2011... my emotional eating habits started back in. Oops!

247.jpg

Got back on track and lost back down to 235 by April! Woohoo! :) Forget those stupid boys! I was happily single, thanks!! ;)

235.jpg

Met the man I am madly in love with in June 2011. He's been the best thing that has ever happened to me. Actually, he tries to destroy my weightloss by buying me tubs upon tubs of ice cream! LOL BUT.... I managed to stay on track, and lost down to about 215 pounds by December 2011

215.jpg

I joined MFP when I was at 203 lbs in May, and I have lost 13 lbs since then. I'm currently at 190, and would like to end up around 150. It may take some time, but I can do it!!! :) Love all of the support involved with MFP! You're all beautiful!!!!

This pic was taken Saturday, June 30..... my 1 year dating anniversary. :)

191.jpg

Last but not least is a pic from last night... July 4th, 2012.

575872_748300439602_524453703_n.jpg

Wooohoooo! I've started Intermittent Fasting (Fast-5) as of Monday. So far it has been great! Right now my workout routine is

Monday- 20 min warmup cardio followed by weight machines
Tuesday- 2-3 hours of cardio
Wednesday- 20 min warmup cardio followed by free weights
Thursday- Softball (which ends next week, so I will take up cardio...)
Friday- Zumba or belly dancing class :)
Saturday/Sunday are usually off days to spend time with my man, but sometimes we go hiking, walking around the dog park, or dancing!

Right now my calories are set at 1250. This is low for me, I know. I am only doing this until school starts back in August. Then I will do a metabolism reset and eat plenty more. I DO eat back my exercise calories though usually!

Thanks again everyone for the support! I haven't been under 200 pounds since EIGHT GRADE!! yep!!! 14 years!! Wheee!!!! ;)

Om Shanti!!! Let's DO this!

Replies

• jpratt1980
    jpratt1980 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB! You look wonderful!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You should be very proud :smile:
  • michspor
    michspor Posts: 57
    Options
    Great job girl! You can see the difference keep it up! You will feel better and better! Tell yourself you can do this!
  • pam6870
    pam6870 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational!
  • Telugammayi87
    Options
    Thank you everyone :)
  • Luly7jc
    Luly7jc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You're doing amazing, do NOT give up!!! I can wait for the 150lb picture!!! You got this!!! :)
  • Gapwedge01
    Gapwedge01 Posts: 494
    Options
    Remarkable journey and inspirational as well.
  • Telugammayi87
    Options
    Aww thanks! :)
  • Telugammayi87
    Options
    :)
  • niesje520
    niesje520 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration! You should be so proud of yourself! You look amazing, great job!
  • marnijojo
    marnijojo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    WOW! I'm so proud of you for sticking with it and succeeding! You're an inspiration AND a motivation! Excellent work!
  • LisaH1967
    LisaH1967 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! Keep up the great work!
  • Telugammayi87
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :)
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Phenomenal!!!!! You look amazing! :flowerforyou:
  • PatPenney
    PatPenney Posts: 16
    Options
    Wow, i mean just Wow. You have lost the equivalent weight of all my four kids combined and you look wonderful.
  • RockyMtnJhawk
    Options
    You're amazing and you look amazing! All your hard work is so worth it ... YOU are worth it!!
  • reashamoriba
    reashamoriba Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You look amazing.
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    ONEderful! great job you look fantastic! I am inspired!!
  • throwaway9000
    Options
    We have similar starting weight.... wow, you're looking great! Very inspiring :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!