Should I be sore?

Options
I've started the Power 90 series, and the abs section does not lead to soreness the next day. I'd always heard that you need to be sore to be getting the benefits. Is that true? It's difficult to finish the abs section; I'm definitely working to do the exercises.

Replies

• AmyParker979
    AmyParker979 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I don't *think* so. I'm doing them with you and, Gods know, I'm not in great shape and I'm not sore.

But also, bump, because I want to know what other people think.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    soreness has no relation to whether or not you had a good work out.

Lets say my best squat ever is 150 kilos.....i go to the gym and beat that and squat 155 kilos.

If i am not sore the next day is this now a 'bad' workout? Of course not!

The more regularly you work a muscle, the greater ability it develops to recover, this is just your body adapting.
  • payupalice
    payupalice Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Excellent. Thank you!
  • erinw1011
    erinw1011 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am also doing Power 90 and don't generally get sore. I have 30 day progress pics in my profile if you are interested, I am still getting results. Lost 9.5 inches and 7 lbs in 30 days!
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    You don't need to be sore after a workout for it to be effective. I like being sore though (not sure if that is weird or not!).
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    It is not required that you be sore from exercise! You may find that some of the other videos make you more sore than that one. Also, sometimes you don't get sore for 24 hours or more after the workout...
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    You don't need to be sore after a workout for it to be effective. I like being sore though (not sure if that is weird or not!).
    If that's weird then I'm weird too :) I like it!
  • payupalice
    payupalice Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    If that's weird then I'm weird too :) I like it!

I will admit that one of the reasons I asked is because I like the soreness! It's like a little badge of accomplishment. Thanks for the input, though, I just wanted to make sure that I was getting the benefit that I'm supposed to be getting from the workout. I'll keep truckin', and hopefully post some progress pics in 27 days!
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Just depends on your level of fitness. If you've been doing resistance training a while then you would be less sore or have no soreness compared to somebody who rarely does any resistance training. I've been lifting seriously for about half a year and I am starting to experience less soreness even with a good deal of progress or different routines. Just keep with it and track your results down the road. Not being sore is not a sign that it wasn't a good workout.