Do you count fruits and veggies?

Options
124»

Replies

• italianangel143
    Options
    I say log them. The carbs add up fast. If you only use MFP to log in the bad food you eat your never going to get accurate results. :bigsmile:
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    Yup! :bigsmile:
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    There are still calories in fruit & veg so yes I count them all
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    YES.. fruits are a major source of calories. Veggies have calories too. You can't discount any food when counting in your food diary. Fruit sugars can be really criminal if you eat too much fruit!!!
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Yeah.
  • SlidingDown
    SlidingDown Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Absolutely yes you log them. As most other people have said, they have calories, so they have to be counted.
    It doesn't mean don't eat them, just make sure you log them. And if you eat a lot of fruit make sure that you can see the sugar content in the macros, because then you'll have an idea whether your fruit intake is still within a healthy range, or if there's too much sugar in it.

I log everything, except it just occurred to me now, chewing gum. Not that I swallow it, but I'm sure it has some calorie level. Dang. Now I have to go check.

But yeah, everything - your mileage may vary, but I record everything not only for the calories but to see the nutritional value of what I'm eating, and to see how I feel when I eat certain types of foods.
  • jillcwhite
    jillcwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers started making fruits and veggies not count in calories is because if you only have 100 calories left to eat, people would eat a cookie instead of an apple. Making the choice not to use their calories on the healthy fruits and veggies.

If you find yourself not eating fruits and veggies because you would rather use your calories for other foods then you might need to reconsider what calories your counting This site is for your journey. You decide what you want to count and what you dont want to count. I after a few weeks you dont have sucess then adjust what your doing.
  • wantstolooseweight
    wantstolooseweight Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Yep I count everything!
  • BostonMatt
    BostonMatt Posts: 258
    Options
    The only thing I don't count are peas. There's just too damn many of them to count.
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    I had a fruit salad with yogourt and a bit of granola for breakfast. The apple, peach, banana and frozen blueberries add up to 231 calories, or 10% of my day. If I don't count them, I'd be over and gain about 1/2 a pound a week - from fruit.

Eat it - and log it.
  • BeckyLH
    BeckyLH Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yes definitely, some fruit especially is very calorific.
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Yes definitely, some fruit especially is very calorific.

Agreed, though I will admit that i'm more lax about veggies.

If I forget the 7 cals from some carrot sticks I don't go back trying to correct it the next day like I would some meat or other items.
  • geordiegirl27
    geordiegirl27 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'm another who counts every morsel. My husband signed up & was astonished at how many cals he eats in fruit while it's healthier than chocolate / crisps it's still a lot.
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Yes, I log almost everything except water because I drink about 1.5 gallons per day. No way am I going to input every time I finish a glass!

Are you kidding?

You drink 1.5 gallons a day?
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    They have calories. So yes.

But sometimes I do get lazy and don't log small servings of veggies where the calories are less than 20.
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    Yes I log and count them. They have carbs so you want to be able to track your macros.