Heart Rate Monitors

Options
Can anyone recommend a good heart rate monitor?Special Bonus Points if it can sync to my iphone.  How about earphones that don't fall off?  Also: Arm Bands to hold said iphone.
I'm certain that my running speed will increase with the appropriate gear.  Right?

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Do a search here on the boards for HRM or heart rate monitors - heaps of advice and opinions on the various models out there, what to get, what not to get, and where to find the best price. :smile: I have a New Balance N4 I bought on eBay, brand new for $26.

Not as many, but there are topics on earbuds that stay put, too. I have a cheapy set I got at Target that work okay, and I have small ears - have to get the ones with the different sized silicone do-hickeys and use the smallest, and I still have trouble with one ear on occasion.

I keep my iPhone in an armband - got it at TJ Maxx for about $10. I believe it's a Griffin - basic, velcro closure, holds the phone, seems to protect it from sweat (been using it about 6 months). If you do get one at a store, see if you can open the package and make sure the phone fits - I bought one online and it was waaaay to tight, and pretty flimsy all the way around.

Not sure if these things will improve your speed - actually, some music makes me run faster! - but I'm a gear junkie myself. :tongue: How much running gear do you need? Just one more... :laugh: