micro weights / magnetic disks?

Options
Smuterella
Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
So, I'm attempting some sort of linear thing with my dumbbells and I'd like a bit more flexibility than the plates provided give me. Going up 2lbs each arm (4lbs total) each time is too much for me and I'd like to go up 1lb each arm.

i thought you could buy small disks or magnatic micro weights but i can only find these in Olympic barbell size. i've seen various make your own from chains things and that seems interesting but not ideal. i'm even considering wrist weights on the bars...

Does anyone know where I can buy dumbbell microweights or have any bright adeas about making some?

Replies

• spartacus69
    spartacus69 Posts: 235
    Options
    I used chains as I had them available, but otherwise would have made a trip to the hardware store for some steel washers.

If you need them for standard size dumbbell handles, I think you'll want 1" diameter holes. Get a few, weigh them and tape or glue them together when you get to the desired weight.
  • Smuterella
    Options
    thank you - I'll get googling right away.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    thank you - I'll get googling right away.

Here you go, http://www.theplatemate.com/hex.htm. I think you can buy them on Amazon too.
  • Smuterella
    Options
    Those look good. I'm almost considering making some out of fabric and pennies that I can take on and off the bar easily (save faffing with those stupid collars) but if I don't end up being creative then these would probably work great.