Here's to small victories!

Options
Today I found out my body fat level has dropped to 22.9%.
A week ago I managed my first set of full non knees on the ground push ups.
I have said no to no takeaways for several weeks.
I'm sticking to an exercise regime without getting bored.
I'm 45lbs down.
Actually starting to feel confident. Something I haven't felt in my whole life.

Instead of concentrating on how far we have to go how about concentrating on how far we have come? No matter how big or small the step may seem, it's still something to be proud of.

Your turn, what have you achieved? I know every member of this site has achieved something so share and be proud =)

Replies

• tammyl74
    tammyl74 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Very motivational! I agree! I have to remind myself to look at what i've accomplished instead of how far I have to go! Thanks for the reminder!
  • SaraBelle0312
    SaraBelle0312 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I ONLY focus on the small victories. If I don't I will forget why I am doing this, I have a goal, NO SCALE, measurements, and a handful of victories. That is all that matters to me. I am improving. :)
  • victorialeehyde
    Options
    Thats awesome! I haven't seen 22% since I can remember. I also haven't felt confident in quite a while. I am changing my life and my state of mind, I can't wait to be where you are!

Congratulations on your achievement.
  • SaraBelle0312
    SaraBelle0312 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! I haven't seen 22% since I can remember. I also haven't felt confident in quite a while. I am changing my life and my state of mind, I can't wait to be where you are!

You are on MFP. That is an achievement. You are actively trying to change your life & mind. ANOTHER achievement. Small victories.
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options

As already mentioned your on this site and have said your changing your life and state of mind. That is a huge achievement! You are making good and healthy decisions and that's something to be proud of =)
  • ronaldmcyd
    ronaldmcyd Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    When my girlfriend told me about this "sugar the bitter truth" video I didn't want to believe it. But I watched it (Small victory #1), and it made a lot of sense. 2 weeks ago we started to change our diet (#2) to include less sugar among other things.

The results so far are:
    neither of us feel hungry between meals
    we don't get cravings for sweets
    we don't need to eat as much to feel full
    we go to sleep easier at night
    we wake up easier in the morning
    my blood pressure dropped 20 points :bigsmile: (Big Victory)

Congrats to all of you on your victories,
    and congrats to Danbi on a great topic :drinker:
  • cardozm
    cardozm Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    like !!!
  • akoivisto
    akoivisto Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I've always been innately strong (big finlander); but always had the 'gut'.

All my old pants are loose now so I have to wear suspenders with them all; and I had to add another hole to my belt as I couldn't tighten it enough.
    I can flex and see muscle. (*snickers happily at that one*)
    Better mood.
    and compliments... the compliments I get from friends, co-workers and familiy is a HUGE motivator.

xD
  • ShandiH
    ShandiH Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I've been at a stand still since I found out I was pregnant (5 months along now) . . . but, small victories you ask??

- I'm STILL HERE!
    - My doctor said that I could easily maintain my weight and the baby would be fine, 5 months in still maintaining the same weight (plus/minus 1-2 pounds).
    - From actions and encouraging words when he brings up the subject, my husband started being conscious of what he's eating . . . now he's bought a mountain bike in effort to find an enjoyable exercise for him.

That's all I can think of now but I'm sure there are more small victories! Congrats all! :drinker:
  • dvnjustina
    dvnjustina Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    The junior size 19 shorts I bought in April are actually too big on me! They fall off without a belt.
    My body looks slimmer.
    I feel better about myself.
  • hamsio
    hamsio Posts: 26
    Options
    Im trying hard to focus on these little things because like you say.. thinking about how far I have to go just freaks me out.

SO.

I have been to the gym 3-5 times each week since I started 5 weeks ago.

I made a goal to get to 30mins on the crosstrainer by the end of the month and did it on the 4th. I never thought I would be able to last that long two weeks ago when I started on that machine. I died at 5mins in.

I have turned down junk food and made better choices when eating out.

I let a bottle of coke zero sit in my fridge for 3 days before i opened it and had a glass. I used to drink a bottle a day.

The scales have not moved much. But I feel better. And the measurements are slowly going down. Its hard not to let the scales depress me but focusing on this little list is a positive thing.
  • lmeasterling
    lmeasterling Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    - I'm back to exercising 4-5x per week & starting to see some muscle definition again!

- I haven't had a Dr. Pepper (or any kind of soda) for 5 weeks!

- I've lost 2 inches from my waist ,1 inch from my hips and 7lbs total in just a little over a month!
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Just want to say congratulations to everyone on how well you have all done! Each and every comment here shows how proud you should be of yourselves. Keep up the great work =)
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I always keep in mind how far I have to go but when I feel discouraged I remind myself of the small victories and combined it works.

First small victory...I work in a hospital so we have photo id badges with our names...I had lost 4 lbs and a patient asked me if I had lost weight since the photo was taken.

Second small victory...I can wear my jeans sans spanx these days and no wiggling around to get into them. Some of them I still have a ways to go before I can fit into them but they come up and fasten now even if they are still too tight for public.

Third small victory...Yesterday I actually felt confident in a bikini at the lake....I was around a few kids, some college students (I'm almost 25 myself) and several adults my parent's age. I was afraid of the looks and comments from the college students but there weren't any!!!

Fourth small victory...I stopped in my bosses office today and he said "are you getting skinny!?!?" I was happy because since I wear scrubs it can be hard to see my progress and for someone to notice was exciting!! I am currently at 14 lbs lost!!

Fifth small victory....to be determined at a later date :-P