GRILLED ZUCCHINI IS DELICIOUS!!

Options
MinMin97
MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
Yesterday friends grilled homegrown zucchini, and I was totally amazed! I know what ingredients they used, but not the recipe. I want to do this again soon...

zucchini cut into strips (slabs) about 1/2 inch thick
Marinade:
chopped green olives, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, a touch of balsamic vinegar, touch of onion powder

grill!

We were generally BBQing, and I realized I could put one of those grilled zucchini in a hot dog bun....I'd like to try that next time!

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I agree. I love zucchini, but grilled is my favorite. I don't normally marinade it, but that does sound tasty. I might just give it a try.

I typically just slice it in half lengthwise and season the cut side with a mix of black pepper, ceyenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and dried basil. Drissle on a little olive oil and grill cut side down until it's carmelized. The grilled side will be soft and browned and the non-grilled side will still have a good crunch. We eat this a lot when fresh zucchini is in season. It works well in a skillet too.
  • JoannaLouden
    JoannaLouden Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Ditto that I love zucchini but have never thought to marinade it before cooking! I usually just slice into chunks and sautee in a little olive oil.
  • citygirl4ever
    citygirl4ever Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • MinMin97
    Options
    Thank-you for the zucchini recipe suggestions! This time of year we get interested in all things zucchini lol! It's a great food.
  • Shaw8663
    Shaw8663 Posts: 2
    Options
    This sounds so good!
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm a zucchini FIEND and I will have it anytime there is some in the fridge.
    My mom's friend grows copious amounts of it in her garden so she always gives us some for free :)

I'll have to try putting all these yummy things on my zucchini to make it even more awesome-er!
    I usually toss it in a pan with 1/2 tbsp of butter, some minced garlic, and a little garlic salt. It's super-yummy.
  • EmmyRose
    EmmyRose Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Also Zucchini soup!!
    So delicious!

5 Zucchini's
    2 cloves garlic
    1/2 onion
    Fresh basil (handful ish)
    Sald and pepper
    Fry off and blend!

Yum yum yum
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    i cut it and put it on the george foreman. that does it too. also grilling it and then putting a bit of bread crumbs and putting some marinara sauce and some cheese on it. thats awesome. im getting so many zucchini i dont know what to do with it.
  • spiregrain
    spiregrain Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    bump.....i love zucchini!!
  • kale_powered
    kale_powered Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Zucchini is one of my favorite vegetables to grill. It's out of this world. :)
  • MinMin97
    Options
    i cut it and put it on the george foreman. that does it too. also grilling it and then putting a bit of bread crumbs and putting some marinara sauce and some cheese on it. thats awesome. im getting so many zucchini i dont know what to do with it.
    I wonder if it could be cut up and frozen in ziplocs?
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i love grilled zucchini planks too. but i'm a purist. don't need more than s&p, maybe some garlic.. or just montréal steak seasoning.
  • adianeschu
    adianeschu Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    bump for later, I love zucchini
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    I wonder if it could be cut up and frozen in ziplocs?

Definitely! My mom used to shred it and then freeze it in portions. She'd use it later to make zucchini bread or other zucchini recipes.
  • abcgsh
    abcgsh Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    This sounds good I am going to have to try this. I usually too shredded up zucchini and freeze it.
  • MinMin97
    Options
    I'm a zucchini FIEND and I will have it anytime there is some in the fridge.
    My mom's friend grows copious amounts of it in her garden so she always gives us some for free :)

I'll have to try putting all these yummy things on my zucchini to make it even more awesome-er!
    I usually toss it in a pan with 1/2 tbsp of butter, some minced garlic, and a little garlic salt. It's super-yummy.
    Sounds delicious...and lucky you! I have steamed it, added salt and a touch of onion powder, shredded cheddar, and a dollop of sourcream....
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i make a low carb cream of zucchini/broccoli soup
    onion, celery, zucchini, sometimes cauli and broc with chicken stock and cream. take a stick blender to it.
    so. fricking. good.

when i'm not doing low carb, i add potatoes to thicken.
  • Doing_The_Unstruck
    Doing_The_Unstruck Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    This isn't a zucchini only recipe, but I love to do this:

1 zucch, cut up bite size
    Mini portabella shrooms, sliced
    1 bell pepper, sliced into strips
    1 medium vidalia onion, diced

Put in bowl and add
    Extra virgin olive oil
    Salt
    Pepper
    Garlic powder
    Paprika
    All to taste

Grill on a veggie grill basket on uncovered grill, stirring occasionally until nicely caramelled

Transfer cooked veg to a bowl and Add favorite marinara sauce and spoon into a toasted hoagie roll. You can add some cheese if desired.
  • MinMin97
    Options
    ^^^^wow, looks delicious. Also the zucchini soups above:happy: