eating less doing excerise struggle to lose even 1lb a week

Options
13»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Try to add fruits. They are a really good source of carbs, vitamins and antioxidants.
  • sue20101977
    Options
    will do
  • sue20101977
    Options
    thank you for all your help will try and eat more when i excerise and eat more fruit and protein. will see how it goes over the next few weeks
  • jens_journey
    jens_journey Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I gained almost 60 lbs while on Depo. I don't blame the Depo for the entire 60 lbs. I have to take some responsibility for my body also. I was a 19 year old single mom of a newborn with other issues resulting from being irresponsible and having a child before I was ready and mature enough to handle the situation. The depo caused some weight gain that paired with other life events created depression. My physician then put me on Paxil to deal with the depression. It was a never ending circle - weight gain + life events = depression > paxil (also known to aid in weight gain) = more wt gain = higher doses blah blah blah.
  • sue20101977
    Options
    i have only ever gained around 1-2kgs since i have been on depo and i have been on it for nearly 4 years now.i knew that depo doesnt make you gain weight its what u put in your mouth that does. i have always been slightly overweight and since having 2 kids (both by c-section) has made it a bit harder to lose the extra weight on my stomach (have no problems with legs but boobs are huge always have been.)if i could lose some weight from boobs that would be fab and tone up stomach esp where the scar is
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    So you ARE losing a pound a week? I don't think eating more calories, fruit or protein will increase your weight loss but it might make you less hungry between meals. There's really only one thing that increases weight loss but it's like sacreligious to say it around here. :laugh:
  • sue20101977
    Options
    the last three weeks i only lost 1/2 lb each week - i dont really get hungary between meals
  • davidr730
    davidr730 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    With all due respect, I beg to differ. Consistency in eating prevents spikes in hormones including insulin. These spikes send messages to the body how to handle food. Additionally, consistent meals throughout the day regulate what your body is expecting in terms of food volume, and allows the stomach to shrink, allowing for greater satiety. I recently helped set up a diet plan for a woman who was unable to loose weight while eating only 1200 calories. We increased her calories to 1700, and planned out equal meals and snacks, and she has been consistently loosing 2 pounds a week even though the caloric intake has been increased. Never under estimate the importance the hormones play in the weight loss equation. Calories in, calories out is only part of the picture.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    With all due respect, I beg to differ. Consistency in eating prevents spikes in hormones including insulin. These spikes send messages to the body how to handle food. Additionally, consistent meals throughout the day regulate what your body is expecting in terms of food volume, and allows the stomach to shrink, allowing for greater satiety. I recently helped set up a diet plan for a woman who was unable to loose weight while eating only 1200 calories. We increased her calories to 1700, and planned out equal meals and snacks, and she has been consistently loosing 2 pounds a week even though the caloric intake has been increased. Never under estimate the importance the hormones play in the weight loss equation. Calories in, calories out is only part of the picture.

I understand but the person lost weight by increasing calorie consumption not increases meal frequency. You can disagree all you want but the NIH has already debunked this myth. Also, you can check out a program like interim fasting. You still eat all the calories that your body requires, for me 2600 calories, but you eat those calories in a small window of time (4, 6, 8 hour time frames) and you fast for the remaining periods. For many, this has increased fat loss over a standard 5-6 meal program. It just depends which plan is more effective for you and fits in your lifestyle. If you want more info check out www.leangains.com

ps- if it makes you feel better, i have set up calorie plans for well over 200+ people with a 99% success rate.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    If you have a 99% success rate, the NIH should be doing a report on you.

If meal timing doesn't matter, why is IF beneficial? It's just another meal timing trend.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    If you have a 99% success rate, the NIH should be doing a report on you.

If meal timing doesn't matter, why is IF beneficial? It's just another meal timing trend.

Because they are a research organization and i am just a stubborn guy who wont stop helping people and i back up all my theories with proven science.

IF works as your body burns just as many calories in a day regardless of when you eat them. But there is also questions about working out in a fasted state and if the increase fat loss rates compared to non fasted. But i have to research more on that.