Dear MFP: this one's for you.

Options

Replies

• LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Lynda you are awesome! Thanks for the post! I just crossed in to wonderland and have jumped between 199-201 for the last week and a half. I couldn't help but think that my body and self are broken and that I am done losing. It was great seeing your post and realizing that the 80+ I have lost is so important to remember too! We can do this!
  • kelseyka
    kelseyka Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! I similarly had a moment of Ugh I just want to eat what I want to eat!! And It hit me...that's what I had been doing for so long! Eating what I wanted got me to where I am! I decided if I can stick with it until I lose the weight I can eat more of what I want because I'll exercise, balance calories etc.

We just cant give up for one second of cravings!
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    thanks...i do the same thing; i stress over one bad day or 1-2 pounds of weight gain instead of looking at the 32 pounds i've fought off my body. love the post!
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this today. I've been frustrated with the yo-yoing scale over the past few weeks and it helped to read this.
  • kepirus
    kepirus Posts: 79
    Options
    Thank you for posting this, and thank you to all of those who responded - as a whole, very motivating! And like so many others said, I needed to hear it today!
  • Sasha2211
    Sasha2211 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyhting said. Thanks for being so honest :))
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    What a great post!! You are so right!
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    Bump
    This is so well written :) thanks!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Great read, especially for someone like me, an all or nothing perfectionist by nature. Thanks for this! Sometimes I need a reminder.
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    Made me feel good =) Thanks for posting!!
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I'm blown away by all the people that have taken the time to write back. Thanks for reading and thanks for keeping me motivated :happy:
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I think you're doing fabulous. Congrats on all your successes, and not letting small setbacks get you down. Happy Monday. :flowerforyou:
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    thank you for sharing, i can totally relate!

Great post!
  • Srogas
    Srogas Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the reminder to stay positive!! I needed this today! You are a blessing!!
  • lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I needed this today. Been such an awful morning and the last 7 months have been rough with minimal progress. But you're right. I eat WAY healthier now, in smaller proportions, & I exercise. So it's still a big win.

Thank you! You are doing great. Sometimes I think the setbacks keep us from going crazy. And I bet your setbacks now are way more in control than they used to be. I think in the end it's all about being conscious of what we are doing to our bodies. I'm friends with tons of skinny girls who I see eating awful food. BUT I bet they are correcting at home with healthier ones. I hope to someday be able to do that. Have the occasional setback without self loathing or without it becoming a slippery slope to weight gain.
  • lilsaph
    lilsaph Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    This is just what I needed to see today - I can relate!!!
    Thank you so much for the extra motivation and honesty :-)
  • Reana27
    Reana27 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    What a great post and so motivating. Keep up the great work, and you should definitely be proud of how far you have come!!
  • mike_littlerock
    mike_littlerock Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    GREAT MESSAGE!!
    Very happy for you.

Its interesting how we have minor setbacks, that seen big when they happen, but in hindsight are just minor speedbumps. it might be fixation on a number on the scale, or a glimpse in the mirror, or a cheat meal. The big moments are realizing that you have made changes, and can continue with the journey.

I remember my last "pity party", I looked in a hotel mirror and felt like a cow. that had me in a bad mood for a little while, but i continued dressing for work. still ticked off, i put on my belt, and realized i was on a new notch.. "what the heck??"
    I just looked in the mirror and felt fat, but my belt says something different.. turned out to be a pretty good day.

keep up the good work!

Mike
  • minussam
    minussam Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    So very true! What a great attitude. Thanks for sharing.
  • DrivenDiva
    DrivenDiva Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I really needed to hear this today- thanks for sharing :)

Me too! It's been a rough summer filled with lots of temptation in the form of yummy foods and I've been slacking off big time in the gym. I have to keep reminding myself of how far I've come along. I know there's more work to be done, but for now I should keep focus on the fact that I've lost 27 pounds! That's not a little weight by any means!

Thank you for sharing and helping us keep things in proper perspective :flowerforyou: