Osteocalcin & Adiponectin?

Options
emisu2
emisu2 Posts: 53 Member
I have been doing a ketogenic diet, eating lots of calories and not gaining any weight but still struggling a bit with hunger. I got to thinking that whatever is causing my hunger might also be causing inhibited lipolysis.

I Googled something like "inibited lipolysis" and found insulin (duh), lactate (shouldn't be a factor), and adiponectin inhibit lipolysis.

I found that this hormone causes an increase in appetite. It is higher in females, and it is inversely correlated with body fat percentage. I understand then that it would be high in lean women (me).

I also found out that osteocalcin acts as a hormone which causes beta cells to release insulin and fat cells to release adiponectin (increasing their sensitivity to insulin). Higher serum levels are relatively correlated with increases in bone mineral density.

So I'm getting a little overwhelmed by all of this and would like to understand more about adiponectin. If it is causing my hunger and keeping me from burning fat, I would like to downregulate it. Though I'm not sure what ramifications this would have on the rest of my body. Similarly I'm not sure why my bones would be trying to grow. Is there any possiblity I'm just not getting enough calcium? I checked MFP, and my calcium intake has apparently been quite low as of recent.