Need easy chicken recipes

Options
2»

Replies

• becca14u2nv
    becca14u2nv Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Sounds Yummy...especially the chicken cacciatore.

I like to grill chicken breasts and then top them with a mixture of chopped green onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, black olives a little sprinkling of bacon bits and low fat cheese.
  • BG10708
    BG10708 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Some great ideas. Bump for later.
  • aligatorwww
    aligatorwww Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    These two are staples in my house. Both are delicious and done in no time at all!

Chickan Marsala
    http://lowfatcooking.about.com/od/poultrydishes/r/chickmarsala.htm

I like this w/whole grain rotini w/smart balance & a little parmesean

Chicken Piccata
    http://www.food.com/recipe/chicken-piccata-low-fat-152638

Serve this with brown rice and green beans.
  • mazasmusings
    mazasmusings Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I just tried a grilled chicken recipe that was really excellent. Someone on here actually recommended to me and it was extremely tasty:

Honey Mustard Grilled Chicken
    Prep Time: 15 Min
    Cook Time: 20 Min
    Ready In:35 Min
    Servings-4 servings

Ingredients
    1/3 cup Dijon mustard
    1/4 cup honey
    2 tablespoons mayonnaise
    1 teaspoon steak sauce
    4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Directions
    Preheat the grill for medium heat.
    In a shallow bowl, mix the mustard, honey, mayonnaise, and steak sauce. Set aside a small amount of the honey mustard sauce for basting, and dip the chicken into the remaining sauce to coat.
    Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill chicken over indirect heat for 18 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally, or until juices run clear. Baste occasionally with the reserved sauce during the last 10 minutes. Watch carefully to prevent burning!

Nutritional Information
    Amount Per Serving Calories: 266 | Total Fat: 8.3g | Cholesterol: 70mg
  • MartinaC32
    MartinaC32 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I just made this today. So so so good

Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken HOT HOT HOT

2 chicken breasts
    1 pkg ranch dip mix (the powder in the package)
    2 cups red hot sauce (or any variation of red hot - today I used red hot bbq sauce)

Spray slow cooker with pam or equivalent
    place breasts in bottom of the slow cooker
    sprinkle the ranch dip power on top
    cover with bbq sauce. - DO NOT STIR

cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours

10 mins before you want to serve it, take a spoon and shred the chicken like you would for pulled pork.

Eat on a bun or over rice or with vegetables.

This is the easiest chicken recipe I've ever made and so very tasty.
  • mtgordon1908
    mtgordon1908 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I love buying a rotisserie chicken, shred the breast meat and use for salads (can get a couple days' worth), then I take the rest of it and make a chicken soup, sooooo delicious and easy using the crock pot. I simmer it first to make broth, then pull apart the rest of the meat, discard all of the bones, add frozen veggies, and cook all day in the crock pot. Usually I'll add another 1-2 chicken breasts from the freezer. And some chicken buillion and spices. Then after it has cooked all day and you get home and ready to eat it, I strain the veggies and puree them, throw them back in, shred the other chicken breasts, then add a little tempured egg in it (like egg drop soup). It is FULL of vitamins and protein and very filling! You can even throw some pasta in there at the end of you want.
  • mazasmusings
    mazasmusings Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I love buying a rotisserie chicken, shred the breast meat and use for salads (can get a couple days' worth), then I take the rest of it and make a chicken soup, sooooo delicious and easy using the crock pot. I simmer it first to make broth, then pull apart the rest of the meat, discard all of the bones, add frozen veggies, and cook all day in the crock pot. Usually I'll add another 1-2 chicken breasts from the freezer. And some chicken buillion and spices. Then after it has cooked all day and you get home and ready to eat it, I strain the veggies and puree them, throw them back in, shred the other chicken breasts, then add a little tempured egg in it (like egg drop soup). It is FULL of vitamins and protein and very filling! You can even throw some pasta in there at the end of you want.

Superbird!
    vinceWilfork.jpg
    Interior_Big_Y_Superbird.jpg
  • Tender78
    Tender78 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lmo0183
    lmo0183 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    These sound great!
  • hatethegame
    hatethegame Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    bump
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    This will be your GO TO chicken recipe! ONLY THREE INGREDIENTS!! Super easy and SUPER yummy! Everyone I've made this for RAVES about it! :)

http://www.inerikaskitchen.com/2011/10/chicken-with-smoked-paprika.html

Chicken with SMOKED paprika

This chicken recipe has three ingredients, takes less than two minutes to prepare and delivers huge flavor. Spice Islands and McCormick both sell Smoked Paprika

Ingredients

2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
    1 1/3 Tbsp garlic salt (or substitute 2 tsp salt, 1 tsp garlic powder and 1 tsp dried parsley)
    2 Tbsp smoked paprika

Instructions

Preheat the broiler on high. Set a rack in the oven 4 inches below the flame. (If you put the rack right under the flame, the chicken will burn on the outside before it's cooked through.)
    Line a baking sheet with foil and lay the chicken thighs out flat. Sprinkle each side generously with the garlic salt and smoked paprika; if the amounts above don't seem like enough, use more. Do not skimp on the garlic salt, even if you're salt-phobic - it's necessary and still will have far less sodium than any chicken dish you will ever eat in a restaurant.
    Broil the chicken about 7 minutes on each side, until the thighs are cooked through and have developed a nice crust. Serve immediately.

Details
    Prep time: 2 mins
    Cook time: 14 mins
    Total time: 16 mins
    Yield: 8-10 servings
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Just found out a couple weeks ago that yOu can easily shred chicken in a kitchen aid-type mixer.
  • asangh
    asangh Posts: 32
    Options
    bump
  • Jesse_Hunter
    Jesse_Hunter Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I boil my chicken breasts, always have. I can cook 9-10 at a time this way.

After I pull them out of the water I season them with garlic powder, organic poultry seasoning and I normally eat homeade salsa on top of them.

simple.