Anyone doing Insanity? And going Insane?

Options
I don't know how many curse words you've thrown at Shaun T and his cyborgs during/after the workouts, but this girl has probably told them all to go to hell every day.

Dig deep? Dig Deep?! O man, let me dig deep into my soul to get the energy to beat the living crap out of you!

I am on Day 25, not missed a day except for 2. One- i had an asthma attack during a workout, ya you got that right. My doc had to up my asthma meds to compensate the high cardio routine. And Two, I went downhill moutnain biking instead. I needed fun exercise or i was going to throw my computer out the window. There will be a Third this weekend, when I go for amountain bike ride through deer valley. Hey! at least the days lost were medical or doing other physical activity that got more calories burnt anyway! :)

I have learned that no matter how many times i tell the workout video to go screw it's self, it's worth it. I have acquired an online coach to help me with my every day questions or concerns, this site to plan out my calorie intake, and a small support group to kick me in the *kitten* when I slack. This has been a hard journey, since the first 3 weeks, i wasn't doing anything correctly. But no i have increased my calories to burn, eating instead of skipping meals, and being totally concious of what i shove in my face (did i just say that out loud?).

Just wondering, am I the one who thinks this is crazy every day you do and then feel better knowing you rocked it?! Good workout for us crazies eh? :)

Replies

• cjmas
    cjmas Posts: 63
    Options
    Month Two is TRULY insane... and I didn't feel ready! (There is a lot more upper body work.) That said: keep sticking with it! I occasionally want to just stop before it ends, but it's a great feeling to finish... and while I have another 15 or so pounds to go, I appreciate the weight loss/strength increase so far!

It's 3:48pm, and I'm at work. I'm exhausted and just want to go home and go to bed early, BUT - I'm going to jog the 5+ miles home and do an Insanity workout. It's worth it. Every time. (yawn)
  • lisalpotts
    lisalpotts Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Haha yes! Every single morning I wake up and think... My god, what have I gotten myself into.. Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE insanity (When i'm NOT doing it!) I am almost done with my third week but every day is still a stuggle to mentally psych myself up to actually press play. One thing I got going for me is that I am incredible stubborn! I started it and I'm not about to give up now.

Concerning throwing swear words out there... I cuss everyday, and most of it is towards Tanya. Yes the super cute little asian girl that is Shawn T's pretty perfect star pupil. I HATE Tanya soooo much but only because she's so damn good. My boyfriend was cracking up the other day because he watched me doing the video and Shawn T. goes over to Tanya like usual and is like "Look at Tanya and her perfect form" and then I scream at the TV "Oh yeah SCREW YOU TANYA!" I F'in HATE YOU"

So yes, everyday it feels crazy, but everyday when i'm through I feel freaking awesome for willing myself through it knowing most people who try it do the warm up and quit. My boyfriend even said he can't believe i've done it this long.

My number 1 motivation has got to be the calendar. Unless I had a good reason to not x out that day I know at the end of the month I would see that empty box and say "what the hell were you so lazy for to not work out on that Tuesday" or whatever. I guess I am just a perfectionist.

My 2nd reason - The T-Shirt. I know typical american who will do anything for a free t-shirt, but I can't wait to strut that baby around and see if anyone will ask me, "did you really do insanity? what's it like?"... So I can reply... "It's hell on 40 minutes of video and the hardest thing i've ever done, but worth ever drop of sweat (or bucket)" lol