Hi -from a new and soon to be improved paleo gal

Options
torpina
torpina Posts: 24 Member
Hi everyone,

30 year old, female from Canada here.

I have made a dramatic lifestyle change over the past few months. I went from getting barely any exercise to now working out 3 X a week with high intensity interval training.

I went paleo and cut dairy, classic carbs ,and sugar out of my diet. I felt AMAZING but wasn't losing any weight.

At 140 pounds for 5'4 medium and pear shaped build, it was very discouraging.

I was eating a lot of fats though and since I've been on here, I'm sticking to my calorie recommendation. I really believe this will work as I was getting wayyyy too many calories before. Sometimes people can lose weight easily on paleo alone and other times calorie counting needs to happen as it seems.

I have a very strong desire to eat, especially late at night. Well, today's my third day of tracking and my scale actually shifted! Is it that 'easy' (notice the quotations)? We'll soon find out!

Replies

• fanofucf
    fanofucf Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    I am very similar build to you and I have just started Paleo myself. I would love to hear some of the things you are eating and keep up with you on progress. Want to friend up and keep each other on track? I have about 20 more to lose then you but would love a buddy. :)
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I have been Paleo for about 5 months now (except for yesterday because it was the 4th and now I regret that...) and it is awesome! Feel free to add me if you want a Paleo buddy. :happy:

I try to make it manageable so I do "100% Paleo, 90% of the time" and it works out great for me. I try to do a Whole 30 every couple of months (just finished my 2nd) just to keep things fresh and while it is difficult at times, it is totally worth it.
  • DanielleHinkle24
    DanielleHinkle24 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am also following a paleo diet...just started last week but have done it before. It is truly the only thing that works for me. I am following it fairly strict right now. I would like to lose about 50 pounds. Would love to hear about your progress along the way. Good luck!!