Beachbody Challenge

Options
Do any of you know about this? Is it a scam?

http://www.beachbody.com/

Replies

• Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Do any of you know about this? Is it a scam?

http://www.beachbody.com/

Way way way overpriced videos and supplements.
  • iannalise
    iannalise Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Lots of people on here use their program's. I personally have insanity (both me and the OH hope to complete it) and turbo fire.

They are expensive and I wouldn't buy from them direct but I know lots of people pick up some major bargains via eBay etc. if you can get your hands on one without breaking the bank its definitely worth a go.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    It's not a scam, though the supplements are way overpriced. The programs have helped an awful lot of people get in shape, including me with P90X. I lost 24lbs with it and went down 6 pants sizes. In fact, everyone I know that's done p90x has had impressive results, even those that didn't finish the program. I didn't use any of the supplements.
  • cjmas
    cjmas Posts: 63
    Options
    I'm doing Insanity and I've lost over 10 pounds (and I still have a week-and-a-half left.) Granted, I need to lose another 15-20, but... I'm pretty happy with my results so far.

That said: I wouldn't bother with the supplements. Also: you can find the DVDs pretty inexpensively if you get them used.

If you stick with it, you'll see results. (Like everything else, I suppose.) I guess it just depends on if you are good with videos, or you need to do something outdoors, or in a class, or whatnot.

Good luck, whatever you choose.
  • CrystalX82
    CrystalX82 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm doing TurboFire... Today was day 60, i've lost 8.5 lbs, 1.5 inches from my waist and 1.5 inches from my hips and my BMI is now in the normal range. It's not a scam but A LOT of work. I plan on starting Shakeology in August.
  • FrozenGod
    FrozenGod Posts: 21
    Options
    Videos are worth every penny if you stick with the workouts and diets. It's just a lot of hard work. Hour to an hour and a half workouts and strict diets. Supplements you can find cheaper substitutes for though.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I'm a beachbody girl :) I have Turbo Jam, Fat burning Elite, Turbo Fire & Chalean Extreme Deluxe. I've bought all my product from there or team beachbody & I love them. They're all great workouts & I adore my beachbody coach. To each their own I suppose.
  • greggags2
    greggags2 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I've done P90X, P90X+, One on One's, and Insanity the Asylum (all beachbody products). Check out my results from my profile pic and see of its a scam
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    No way man I totally rock beachbod for days.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Videos are worth every penny if you stick with the workouts and diets. It's just a lot of hard work. Hour to an hour and a half workouts and strict diets. Supplements you can find cheaper substitutes for though.
    Yup. There's no scam about it. Buy the videos, commit to the videos, see results. Enter your results and you could win money. The end. Millions of people have excellent success with their programs. They have a great rating with the BBB.
  • byersdlt
    byersdlt Posts: 9
    Options
    Beachbody is the real deal! Fitness + Nutrition + Support = Success! I love love love Beachbody! My workout program purchase included my own personal complimentary coach, who has herself lost over 115 pounds using Beachbody programs, as well as a club membership with lots of people who have experience with the programs and products and have answers to nearly every question anyone can think of about Beachbody. With a 30day guarantee on anything you buy, there is absolutely NO RISK! Well... there is always that risk you might love it, lose weight and look AWESOME :happy:
  • SAMSON25
    SAMSON25 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Not a scam at all. In my experience, the people that say it is are those who have never done it. My suggestion is to focus on the ppl who took it seriously and then judge their results.

Worked/working for me anyway.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I've been doing insanity.. It is an amazing workout.
  • cgraylyon
    cgraylyon Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I love all the videos I have tried - I would not recommend the supplements (very expensive)!
    I have Hip Hop Abs, Power 90, Slim in 6, Insanity and I just ordered Turbo Jam last night and can't wait for it to arrive. The only videos I didn't purchase from them but on ebay was Insanity and only about 1/2 the workouts work! I think they are all worth the money :)
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Did Les Mills PUMP, now Insanity! Results you are going to love!! and still logging my workouts in the wowy gym hoping to win $500 that they give away daily! Just got back for Teambeachbody Summit in Vegas and they gave real money out to real people that got REAL RESULTS!
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I am totally a Beachbody girl! I love TurboFire lost 42lbs with Turbo and another 30 with Chalene Extreme (not enough cardio for me yet), Insanity and I am doing Asylum now. I have P90X in the wings for when I am closer to goal. I am from a size 26 to a 12-14. I am still working, but there is no scam.

I can not speak for the supplements, I buy those elsewhere.

The programs are work, but you need to work to get fit.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    workouts: no
    Shakeology: yes
  • camoang
    camoang Posts: 2
    Options
    The workout programs are fantastic...I've done Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire & dabbled in P90X (using bands, you really need weights & a pull up bar to get good results)

I did Shakeology for over a year and it did lower my cholesterol and kill my sugar cravings but it did not help me lose any weight and the price of it was a big hit every month. I've lost more since I've stopped Shakeology but I did feel good on it.