i love red kidney beans but .. in a microwave?

Options
I just tried red kidney beans and they are delicious.. ive never tried any type of bean so do black beans taste similar?!
the problem issss: iis there any way i could cook them deliciously with just a microwave?! i have no kitchen where I live :( so microwave is my only option... any ideas?!:)

Replies

• french792
    french792 Posts: 3
    Options
    Black beans are yummy, but they taste different. If you buy canned beans, you can heat them in the microwave, but raw beans wouldn't work well.
  • AHatFullOfSky
    AHatFullOfSky Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Could you boil like 2 pounds of kidneybeans, at a friend or familymembers place, and then just freeze them in portion sized bags? That'll last you a few weeks...

I even think they are better in texture after having been frozen.
  • owl92
    owl92 Posts: 74
    Options
    What do they taste like? similar to anything else?
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I buy them canned and heat them up in the microwave.
  • GerritTheBlacksmith
    Options
    i prefer the dried beans to caned. i microwave will not work but a crock pot is great for them.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    If you buy them canned, heating in the microwave is just fine. If you want to cook dried beans, then I'd advise you to invest in a slow cooker (crockpot). They are very easy to do that way. You just soak them overnight and let them cook during the day (or vice versa depending on when you want to eat them).
  • Neurokitti
    Neurokitti Posts: 13
    Options
    I buy them canned, and they are also great cold in salads.
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    If you use dried red kidney beans you can't cook them in a crockpot without boiling them vigorously for 20-30 minutes before hand, there is a toxin that needs very high temperatures to destroy it in red kidney beans and apparently a slow cooker (or crockpot) doesn't get hot enough). Could you get one of those plug in hot plates?