SWIMMING CLASSES / SPINNING CLASSES / STEPPING CLASSES

Options
2»

Replies

• Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    I enjoy stepping classes, they keep you moving and usually quite fun. Spin classes I detest. That bike hurts my bum too darn much so I cannot mess with that class.
  • Loopylu84
    Loopylu84 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love spin! Get such a rush afterwards! Zumba is fun and good cardio but not as intense. I like boxercise as well.
  • Dawnhasajeep
    Dawnhasajeep Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I say try them all. Find something you like and will stick with. I have tryed most every thing. In the spring I do spinning to get me ready for my bike. In the winter I love swimming at the Y when its 2 deges and snowy. Great way to beat cabin feaver.I found zumba dance and step really put me in a good mood. I do yoga/palatines year rouund for the extra stretching and it relaxes me. I also go to bootcamp class year round for weight training. Plus with mixing vituperates I do not get board and want to quit. Plus by changing it up it keeps you body guessing throws in a little muscle confusion.
    GOOD LUCK HOPE YOU FIND SOMETHING FUN FOR YOU!
  • Maryjaneshoes
    Maryjaneshoes Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I love step, would highly recommend it! Spinning is a good workout, also, but to me its not as exciting as other group fitness classes I've done!
  • gailashton
    gailashton Posts: 292
    Options
    I like classes here and there as they can really kick things up from the norm with lifting weights and doing cardio on a machine at the gym. The nice thing is that a lot of places offer drops ins now so that you can just drop in for a class and pay a small fee with no commitment. Some even do a free class to try it out. Zumba also rocks. Try some boot camp classes too. I do more classes when the bad weather is around. When the weather is nice I like to be outdoors walking, running, biking, boot camp, hiking, etc. Do whatever makes you feel good and keep moving, that's all that really matters. A class can make an hour go by really fast whereas I find if I'm on a machine I'm waiting for the time to be over.....LOL