Mosquito bites after an outside workout?

Jugie12
Jugie12 Posts: 282 Member
Try lightly rubbing them with Epsom salts when you shower. I'm highly HIGHLY allergic to the bites and the salts knocked the itch and inflammation right out. No raised welts, no burning-to-the-touch skin, no itching, nothing! Wash your body then rub the bites with the salts, rinse after a minute or two and pat dry.

Good luck and enjoy your next workout, my friends!

Replies

• 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Thanks for the tip. Mosquitos loooove me regardless if my heart rate is up or not.
  • Jugie12
    Jugie12 Posts: 282 Member
    lol apparently you and I are the only ones!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Thanks, I need this right now... My ankles are all bitten up. I'm going to try this :)
  • BubbleGumKisses
    BubbleGumKisses Posts: 156 Member
    NICE thanks for sharing this! My sister gets golf-ball sized welts from mosquito bites, I'm gonna tell her about this!
  • bump
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Thanks. Going to try it later. I have seven mosquito bites on my right arm right now. Sigh.
  • WickedSpinSistr
    WickedSpinSistr Posts: 139 Member
    Thanks for the tip. Mosquitos want me in a bad way.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Yes, "pat dry" is important because if you rub it, you could spread the venom and make it itch worse, making the bite larger.

This from a T-rex in Texas who gets mosquito bitten like it's back in style.
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Thanks! My daughter and I don't venture outside much because we turn in to an all you can eat buffet for mosquito. We'll have to try this.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    i add a little bit of lavender essential oil to my moisturizer and this keeps them from biting in the first place.
    lavendar oil is also good after the fact