Your wtf i need to get in shape moment.

Options

Replies

• kepete
    kepete Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I walked up 20 steps and found it difficult to catch my breath. Yesterday I walked up 10 flights like nothing!
  • Taylor0212
    Taylor0212 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My WTF moment was when I looked at pictures of myself from my 20th birthday. I stood facing the side, and the camera caught a nasty angle! I was not happy, and could not find one picture that I liked from that night. Since then, I have been avoiding cameras at all costs! Can't wait to lose weight, and be happy in my own skin again, and camera happy!
  • witchiipooh
    witchiipooh Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My wft moment was when I went to get my fishing license last summer and the b**** behind the counter asked my weight, I told her but lied by like 30lbs and she laughed in my face and said "if you say so"
  • k900
    k900 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    When walking through the grocery store made me be out of breath.

When i saw that i was going in the direction i did in middle school. Eat anything and never exercise.
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    It was a picture I saw of myself Christmas 2011. I knew I was way overweight but hadn't really thought about it. After seeing that picture and thinking of what my life had become it was time. A friend had told me about MFP and I decided to give it a try. I am so glad I did. Now 37lbs lighter I am still working toward my goal.
  • rubytOU
    rubytOU Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    realizing that I had a closet and armoire packed FULL of clothes that my fat butt couldnt fit into and crying on the floor because I had nothing to wear. Now most of my stuff is too big... sort of the same problem but a "better" one. :)
  • anna0478
    anna0478 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    The moment I realised that when I sat down, my boobs rested on my belly and my belly rested on my thighs.

^That and when I moved out of my sisters fat clothes and into my husbands jeans!!!
  • navydentalchic
    navydentalchic Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    When my youngest turned 2 and I could no longer blame it on the baby weight.

I can totally relate to this!!
  • weightloss12345678
    weightloss12345678 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I saw a pic someone posted on FB and was like I need to lose weight lol
  • CryTerrell
    CryTerrell Posts: 55
    Options
    My moment was last year when my father I had a heart attack. It made me look at my life and I saw how unhealthy I was. SO I decided to lose a few pounds and made sure that I eat healthy.
  • iLose2Gain
    iLose2Gain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    When my doctor told me my cholesterol was slightly elevated & I'm only 30 years old!!!!! Since it runs in my family I have a greater chance of it happening to me & I REFUSE!!! I also suffer from migraine headaches & exercise helps tremendously! If that wasn't enough, I seen a picture of my arms & knew I had to get this weight OFF!! LOL It is not a good look!!! :frown:
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    pictures , my clothes, and one day then I was playing basketball I thought I was gonna have a heart attack..lol , but the biggest moment was the birth of my daughter. I decided I would get in the best shape I could to be here as long as I could for her.
  • Jking826
    Jking826 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I was sitting at my desk with my pants unable to button so they was tucked in & my stomach overlapping yuuuucccckkk...I couldnt fit ANYTHING...It was horrible.... I looked down and said IM DONE & I gotta get myself back together & thats what I did/doing....:smile:
  • gailashton
    gailashton Posts: 292
    Options
    Couldn't move, couldn't breathe, couldn't stand looking at myself or feeling so bad all the time. I wore yoga pants all the time but then went to put on a pair of my fat jeans (size 22) and couldn't get them over my thighs..... OMG panic stricken but sucked it up and got to work.
  • Berto0391
    Berto0391 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I've been overweight most of my life and I'm just tried of it when I lost weight the first time I felt amazing had so much energy. That was when I went from 250 to 160 just by walking everywhere...no change in food. However once winter hit I gain 30 lbs and then I got it down to 170 by running again...however I got a help desk job working the grave-yard shift and got back to 180 in 3 months. No more I will lose all my weight and become a better person.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Mine was when I saw THIS photo of myself, sure I wasn't "huge" but I was extremely uncomfortable. So, when I saw this, I was like, well no wonder!

285489_10150319049677803_615052802_9301262_1818724_n.jpg
  • LoserKat2012
    Options
    Mine was few things. I have struggled with my weight most of my life. This year I turned 53 and got up on my birthday and looked in the mirroe and decided I hated looking at the fat woman in the mirror. Then when I went to DR my blood work came bake awful, cholestrol was up, Blood pressure was up and so was insulin/sugar. My Dr assured me I was not diabetic and the reason for all this was my weight. I was told to Exercise and get on a healthier eating plan. So I did and as a result I am down 18 lbs and still going strong. Last visit to Dr. blood work was excellent.
  • LoserKat2012
    Options
    Gail you look great. Good job on the weight loss!
  • furby1
    furby1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    When birds started nesting in my underpants on the washing line, I knew I was overweight!...sorry only joking!

I've been overweight and unfit for many years now due to health problems, I've kept telling myself that I can't do much about it because I have mobility problems and that compared to others I was doing OK.......them my friend had an operation which went wrong and she has ended up in a wheelchair and it may be for life (she's 44 and has 2 lads).....that was 7 months ago just days before Christmas.

After 4 months in hospital she's came out determind to go back to work and do everything she can....at the moment she still needs someone to drive her around and to help get the wheelchair in/out of the car but she is already self propelling. Her husband does everything he can and takes her to physio 3 times a week, but she wanted to go to the gym and that was the wtf moment for me.....I wanted to take her, but trying to lift the wheelchair into my car was so painful for my back.....anyway I started to loose weight, have been building up my strengh, and she was able to get a lighter wheelchair which comes to bits....we've both been going to the gym now for 4 weeks, and I try and go on another day when she is at physio.
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    When 3 doctors strongly suggested I get on a diet and exercise program. Also watching TV and finding out I weighed as much as a Professional Football player!