Break the Binge Mentality

Options
2»

Replies

• cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I understand, and there's another way to think about it. Are you satisfied with your normal daily food? Is it possible you feel deprived?

There are a some good books that can help. One is "Eat More, Weigh Less." I have an old copy of it, but the idea is that you can still eat a lot in volume if you choose the right things.

Also, there are two other books that have helped me, and the good thing is, they have photos: "Volumetrics" by Barbara Rolls and "Eat This, Not That" by [?]

Anyway, you can learn to make choices that fit in with your lifestyle. If you like to sit with your family and visit and snack, why not learn to make some snacks that you can eat without guilt? Maybe others would appreciate your contributions, too.

Also, the nighttime eating when you're lonely is hard, I can relate to that, since my husband used to work crazy hours. I would just come up with some munchies that you really enjoy, that don't cost much calorie-wise.

I used to make a huge salad for late evening, and even though it wasn't the lowest calorie (I added blue cheese, almonds, craisins), it wasn't like eating a lot of junk food.

Also, air popped popcorn with different seasonings is really good.