help! vegetarian!

Options
Misery03
Misery03 Posts: 43 Member
so ive made the switch to a vegetarian lifestyle for health reasons, but ive always had a habit to stick to prepared foods in the frozen section which are loaded with sodium and preservs, and even going meatless, ive done the same things especially with morning star farms products. if anyone has great vegetarian recipies for a picky eater they would be so very helpful!

Replies

• Marchmallow
    Marchmallow Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    MASS EFFECT TICKER :D

Ok, so about your problem - do you really have to stick to pre-prepared meals? Because there are so many great meals you can make yourself in 20 minutes using 5 ingredients or less! Ones that I make all the time are spaghetti bolognese using vegetarian mince, extra-beans chilli, stir fries, vegetable soup, fajitas, eggs on granary toast...
  • Misery03
    Options
    im a huuugeee gamer nerd!! xD

my biggest problem has been that i grew up hating all veggies, i only liked peas! now im just trying to make myself like them all at once and cut out meats, i just never made many meals with veggies especially not designed around only veggies, also i work at burger king which makes it a little harder, im just looking for some foundation to keep this up because i feel so much healthier since ive gone vegetarian and wanna keep it going~ thanks so much for the ideas too!!
  • Marchmallow
    Marchmallow Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I love Mass Effect so much. I'm on the multiplayer all the time and the other day I finished ME3 with the extended ending. Finally! I'm a massive gamer, too ;D!

No worries! I can see how it'd be difficult. I've been a vegetarian for around 8 years, so of course it's just natural to me. The thing is though, I don't necessarily base my meals around vegetables. I tend to make a carb or a protein the focus. Jacket potatoes, rice, noodles, Quorn foods, eggs, pasta, chips/fries, and pizza and pies. Hardly a veggie in sight! Of course, that's before I started watching my carbs.. XD
  • kbreens
    kbreens Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Amy's makes great frozen meals without as much salt and preservatives.
  • Iselia
    Iselia Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been vegan for about 5 years now.

I'd recommend http://fatfreevegan.com/ and http://vegweb.com/recipes. I usually like almost anything I find on those sites.
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I am moving toward vegetarian so picked up "The Vegetarian Bible" at a bookstore. It explains a lot of what kinds of things you can eat to replace meats and still get protein. It also has fantastic recipes. I've made several and loved every one. You can probably just search for "easy vegetarian recipes' online and find a million of them. Good luck!
  • Misery03
    Options
    thanks everyone!