Low Carb High Protine Diet Question

Options
Hello, I started a high protine diet Monday. The first three days were detox days with very little protien more fruits and veggies. Today I had nothing but protine and at around 3pm I lost what little energy I had I felt like I was going to black out. It scared me. Is this normal because if so I dont want to continue it. I will admit I did stop and got a cheeseburger and small fries ( I know BAD choice but I was a very long way from home) Can anyone give me any suggestions Please I would be thankful.:embarassed:

Replies

• RuthieCass
    RuthieCass Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Stop doing this diet (I'm pretty sure I know what diet you are on-- 7 day one?). Sounds pretty terrible to me. You don't need to "detox?" Food is not a drug that you should withdraw from. You don't need to have separate veggie, fruit, and protein days and you don't need to cut your calories to the point that you are blacking out. There's plenty of advice on these boards for setting up a reasonable, sustainable diet. Do that instead of looking for a quick fix.
  • BigMike915
    BigMike915 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    If you want to do a low carb, high fat, high protein diet then look into a ketogenic diet. Do your research first, and decide if you want to do it. It worked good for me, while I was on it.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Here's my advice. Forget about fad diets and just focus on eating healthier and getting your calories. Aim for about 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass. For me it's about 110 grams. And carbs are not your enemy.
  • DiabolicBooger
    DiabolicBooger Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    strive for as many varietys of food as possible and still be under your calories goal...this will force you to eat very small portions which is what you/we should have been doing the whole time and we wouldnt be in this big/fat mess
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Wut?

You lost me at 'i stopped for a cheeseburger, whoops'.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Not sure what kind of plan you on, but you need to ease off carbs slowly. If you just drop them suddenly you're going to have a severe drop in energy like this. I eat a higher protein diet, but I still have my carbs, I just try to balance them. I don't do it perfectly, since I'm a runner and I need my carbs, but just try to eat protein at every meal for a bit. Ease into it and you may be ok. Just listen to your body as well. Not everyone can handle low carb.
  • debbiestine
    debbiestine Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    look at my food diary. I eat low carb which means 50-100carbs /day and high protein-100/day. I eat a lot for 1200-1500 calories and I work out 4-5x's a week. But you can't eat fast food on a regular basis. You have to eat a little fruit, a lot of veggies, good carbs, and a lot of protein! Have you read Mark's daily apple or the primal blue print? google it- it's clean eating. I don't drink milk but I drink almond milk, eat as full fat plain greek yogurt as I can find, real butter, heavy whipping cream in my coffee, bacon, eggs and I am size 0/2. You can do it!
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Why just protein?? I eat low carb, but I also eat a ton of veggies and a small amount of fruits. I certainly believe a low carb eating approach can aid in weight loss for some people, but you need to make sure you are getting adequate veggies in there too.