Help??? Not feeling full after a meal

LAYLAH17
LAYLAH17 Posts: 170 Member
I've just noticed a pattern in the way I eat. I will continue to munch and graze on food all day until I eat or drink something sweet. After I eat or drink something sweet, I will finally get the sensation of being full. Can anyone please why or even a way to prevent this? My main concern, now, is primarily, due to the bulk of my calorie intake coming from eating or consuming something sweet. I'm open to ideas.

** It’s just bad when you can’t shake the feeling of hunger or not being full after you ate a meal and almost a liter of water.**

Replies

• Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    try making a smoothie! I use protein powder (i use body by vi) and add a spoon of fiber to it. 90 calories... its sweet, taste like cake batter! and you can add coco powder or other things to it!
  • linwaggs
    linwaggs Posts: 25 Member
    Drink o protein smoothie. Buy some frozen fruit, some Body fortress protein powder, and some tropicana 50, and BAM! Full for hours and you only spend about 300 calories.
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    I had the same problem for a bit. I bought the Mio water flavour thing. That stuff is so sweet! 2 squirts of it in a glass full of water and I didn't feel like eating a sweet any more. For some reason it makes me feel like I'm full more than I would be with just water. Won't really work though if your'e trying to substitute it for a meal..
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Try drinking a glass of water before you start eating. =)
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Hard to say, without seeing what you are actually eating.

But, I feel fullest when I eat protein. Eggs, cottage cheese, poached chicken, tuna, etc.

If you just have a sweet tooth to feel done/full, have you tried chocolate milk, flavored gum, mints, or fruit? I really like vanilla yogurt with berries. Make it ahead and freeze it for a special treat. (Or, try a graham cracker square with cool whip - also great frozen, for minimal calories).

Good luck.
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    You can always try to chew gum right after meals.
  • aimeelouwhite
    aimeelouwhite Posts: 181 Member
    or find a low cal sweet tasting treat. Mine is bulla minis... they are frozen yoghurts on a stick... 14 in a pack about 40-50 cals - swear they are like ice cream . I don't like yoghurt so they are great for me to get a little sweetness and some dairy in :-)
  • vryanz
    vryanz Posts: 49
    I have 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese topped with a diced apple, strawberries, grapes, or banana. Low on cals but I am usually stuffed after. You get a good amount of protein too.
  • Find something sweet you like and eat it. Fit it into your daily cal intake and win! Nothing bad about a sweet treat as long as you can have some and not binge out on thousands of cals. Super strict diets lead to that all or nothing mentality. Don't let it happen to you!
  • tsalihah
    tsalihah Posts: 6
    I am the same way, but with ice cream! I have to eat something frozen (but not too sweet) to feel full for hours.

I read a recipe that would be good for us. frozen banana ice cream.

you just need banana....and that's it.

freeze the banana (the riper the banana the sweeter and the more creamier the ice cream).
    let it thaw a slight bit and put it in food processor or if you have ice cream maker, smush the banana a bit before putting it into the machine.

you can add lots of stuff to it as well(yogurt, chocolate, vanilla etc...)

and banana is only 0.89 cal per gram 50 grams of the ice cream would be less than 50 cal