Egg Whites, Egg Beaters or Eggs?

Options

Replies

• graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Whole eggs, both duck and chicken. To me, the yolk is the filling part.
    I have them as a snack, and only have 1 a day usually anyway.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    eggs all the way. I tried egg beaters and I liked them for probably about 2 weeks then they started getting to me. Egg whites just disgust me. Gotta have that yolk.
  • Gingeeee
    Gingeeee Posts: 28
    Options
    Egg Whites and Egg Beaters are the same. Its ok to eat regular eggs too. Protein. Its what you eat with them that is the problem, lol.
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Egg Beaters of course - why would you not? All the health benefits and taste of eggs without all the cholesterol and calories - they are a freakin' godsend! They are made from real egg whites anyway!
  • Krazy_Kat
    Krazy_Kat Posts: 212
    Options
    I've never heard of egg beaters. Except for beaters you use to beat eggs. I eat eggs
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    1 real egg with 1 or 2 egg beaters makes a great omelette. . . hard to tell the difference too. I don't always have egg beaters around, so sometimes I will give the dogs one of the yolks. Wish I could have them both though. The calories and cholesterol add up fast with the yolks.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    EGGS all the way! Yolks and all.

We don't really have 'egg beaters' in Australia but it seems very strange to me!

I saw them in Woolies the other day and had a look ... this was on the way to getting my usual 24 eggs for the week. :)

Eggs, whole for me. Love 'em.
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I LOVE eggs! I eat all 3 depending on what I'm in the mood for or what I'm making. I buy the egg whites in a carton, just because it's quick and easy when I want just whites. I also buy egg substitutes (Egg Beaters or generic brands). Sometimes I will mix 1 whole egg with the carton egg whites.
  • KarenAnnne
    KarenAnnne Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Egg Beaters because I was diagnosed with high cholesterol and I truly like the taste
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    egglands best with omega3!

This!!! Eat the whole egg and nothing but the egg...... :-)
  • CajunNino
    CajunNino Posts: 269
    Options
    4 egg whites + 1 whole egg - scrambled
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    All three :). I use a lot of eggs and egg whites as protein sources. I like whole eggs in moderation, but I eat eggs too much to eat that many whole eggs. I prefer whites to cook with and to make into omelets with veggies and stuff, but I'll use egg beaters in a pinch.
  • twiztc
    twiztc Posts: 135
    Options
    I've never heard of egg beaters. Except for beaters you use to beat eggs. I eat eggs

Me to!!
    I was beginning to wonder what the hell the discussion was!!!

any-road-up its funny this thread came up as I was just looking at my cholesterol level and was amazed to find it was coz I had scrambled eggs for my dinner

I never knew they were so piggin high!!

I love eggs

was raised eating them as fresh as possible as Mum always kept loads of chickens. sometimes still warm straight from the hen...yummmmm
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Whole, chicken hatched eggs. Fresh yolks and fresh whites, on demand. Buy em by the 7.5 dozen.

PS: Effff cholesterol, worries of the weak. Keep reading.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Eggs. Moderation. Nothing more to discuss. =)

This!!!
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    EGGS!!! Duck, chicken, and goose! We have a farm and collect ou eggs daily. Can't get fresher than that!!
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I eat both whole eggs and just the whites. Just depends. Wouldn't touch egg beaters though... too much added crap and unnatural. Why not just have the real thing for a bit more calories.
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I eat both whole eggs and just the whites. Just depends. Wouldn't touch egg beaters though... too much added crap and unnatural. Why not just have the real thing for a bit more calories.

Hmmmmm - Here's the ingredient label off of my carton of Egg Beater:

Egg Whites 99%
    Less than 1% of the following ingrediants: Beta Carotene, salt, onion powder, vegetable gums
    Vitamins and minerals: Calcium, iron, Vitamin E, Zinc, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Folic acid, Vitamin D3, Biotin

Serving size - 3Tbsp (about one egg)
    Calories 25
    Fat - 0
    Cholesterol - 0

By comparison here is a real egg: (source - http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/dairy-and-egg-products/117/2)
    Calories 211
    Fat - 14g
    Cholesterol - 577mg

Lovin' my egg beaters!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I use egg whites, you get to eat a ton for little calories.
  • mrmv
    mrmv Posts: 95
    Options
    both:smile: