I hate summer

Options
Well it's that time of year again where I avoid everything and anything that has to do with pool parties. I hate missing out on these parties. I don't want to be the girl who is wearing a t shirt in the pool. The skin on my arms is so gross and fat and roly poly. I NEVER wear tank tops or anything short sleeved due to this issue. Does anyone have any advice on good exercises or something to tone up and tighten arms? I feel like I am going to need surgery to even make my arms look somewhat normal. I just feel like giving up because after all this weight is lost, I am going to have to have thousands of dollars worth of surgery to remove the skin. BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Anyone feel the same on here?

Replies

• riccoismydog
    riccoismydog Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Advice #1. Stop worrying about what other people think.

Advice #2. See a personal trainer at least once, to give you a weight routine that addresses your concerns.

Advice #3. If you can't stop worrying about what other people think, have you ever thought of a modesty bathing suit? I seen a few women with them, and I thought they were pretty awesome.

Advice#4. If you get to your goal weight and you are toned under the skin, but still have extra skin, then there is nothing wrong with surgery. Unless you have something against it personally. A lot of people do it, especially after big losses. Some people have to. It is pretty common place to have surgery to repair physical problems that relate to looks and comfort. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Advice #5. If you get to the point ever where you stop worrying about what other people think, and your strong and fit. And you still have extra skin, you may just live with it. I live with my HUGE stretch marks, and my hangy momma belly (I'm fit underneath but I went from a size 0 to a huge 52 inches in nine months) and it doesn't bother me. It's a sign of my accomplishments. To me, more beautiful than a perfect stomach will ever be.