Who are you? A Trekie, or a Whovie. The ultimate debate.

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    No love for Stargate?
    All three versions for me! Although i did get kinda glad they cancelled SGU. It was going nowhere fast.
    Oh yeah, that one was a disappointment. I'm all about the original movie and SG-1. Atlantis wasn't bad.
  • rdei
    rdei Posts: 2
    been watching Dr Who since the 70's. Love them all. But Matt Smith - cute and quirky. Love him.
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    I love Dr. Who, Star Trek, and Star Wars! I started watching Dr. Who (Tom Baker) in the 1980s, ST:TNG in the 90s, and Star Wars in the 70s. I don't see why you can't love all kinds of shows. I also love Stargate. :)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    No love for Stargate?
    Doctor who has more episodes than ALL of the episodes Star Trek ever made in every spin off! and Doctor Who is ONE show!! Plus, the spin offs of doctor who are awesome :) love me some Jack Harkness!
    Hi, your comment has nothing to do with mine.
  • vbrent07
    vbrent07 Posts: 115
    I am so happy someone else is a Whovian too! I watch both but love Doctor Who way more! David Tennant is also my favorite! Love a lot of horror and other Sci Fi shows too!
  • jallison12
    jallison12 Posts: 83
    Last watched Dr Who when Tom Baker was the man (yup, I'm an old wrinkly)
    Bill Shatner is the only captain. Jean Luc is good, but even he becomes #1 when The Captain is in the room.

BTW - The Daleks scared the living **** out of me
  • 99cherrypie99
    99cherrypie99 Posts: 205 Member
    I am a Trekker, not a Trekkie - big difference. And Dr. Who sucks donkey balls.
  • Panda_1999
    Panda_1999 Posts: 191 Member
    Both plus many more.

Agreed. Trek, Wars, and Who over in this corner. And then some. It's brain candy! Why limit yourself?

This...
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Grew up watching the original Star Trek (mom is a Trekkie) so I loved it, too.

TNG was ok - but didn't get into too much.

Remember watching the original Dr. Who and being entertained, but have no desire to see this recent one.

Would much rather see TORCHWOOD any day of the week, above anything!!! Love Jack Harkness!!!
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Haven't see Doctor Who. So.... Trekkie. I started with Voyager a few years back.

But I love everything similar to Star Trek. Firefly, BSG, Stargate etc.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    You're all posers....I've been watching Doctor Who since 1975.....Tom Baker IS my Doctor. That was when it was a toss up to who was hotter....Sarah Jane Smith or Romana II

Of course Ace was pretty hot during the Sylvester McCoy years...
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    You're all posers....I've been watching Doctor Who since 1975.....Tom Baker IS my Doctor. That was when it was a toss up to who was hotter....Sa

rah Jane Smith or Romana II

Of course Ace was pretty hot during the Sylvester McCoy years...

Hey, no hatin'! I wasn't born in 1975 :tongue: Don't hold that against me. I cut my teeth on ST:TNG, went on to watch the others (including TOS) and Doctor Who (yes, some of the original too!).

Edited to say, but not limited to those. Loved Firefly, BSG, and so many others! Never felt the Star Wars love, though my husband tried.
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Both! And so many more. Why do we have to pick? :)
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Trekkie (TOS). Tried Dr Who a few times, but it just didn't appeal to me.
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Trekkie. Old school. Get off my lawn.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,173 Member
    You're all posers....I've been watching Doctor Who since 1975.....Tom Baker IS my Doctor.

I agree....but I also liked Jon Pertwee. I've been watching since 1970. :wink:
  • jedibunny
    jedibunny Posts: 321
    Both plus many more.

Agreed. Trek, Wars, and Who over in this corner. And then some. It's brain candy! Why limit yourself?

Same. <3 And BSG, and Stargate, and Farscape...
  • BlurtLouder
    BlurtLouder Posts: 20 Member
    Whovian! And Christopher Eccleston will always be my Doctor.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    The original Star Trek and the 5th Doctor. Couldn't get into TNG or the other Doctors. I consider myself a Trekkie.
  • jenbridges
    jenbridges Posts: 213 Member
    Trekkie, all the way!