show me what 160 for a 5'9 person...

Options
I am 195 and want to get to my prepregnancy weight which I thought I was pretty skinny even now at 195 i dont think im fat. I saw something that 160 is suggested weight for someone my height 5'9 and im like omgosh thats skinny so can someone show me??? the more the better i may change my weight goal!!!!

Replies

• kayteaann
    kayteaann Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    hmm..ive thought the same..i think it might not look so bad guess you'll have to take it slow n see how you feel..im 5'9" was 188 pre pregnancy and i felt strong n fit but still wanted to lose some weight...thinking back i could have lost about 15-20 lb...my goal right now is 188...from there I'm going to decide another goal but one step at a time lol I'm interested to see what other people have to say
  • tekeyla25
    tekeyla25 Posts: 84
    Options
    Yeah I think no one is ever satisfied when I was in high school i was 130 now i see pictures and it was wanting to lose even more weight. I was 200-210 then lost weight due to a gallbladder problem where I could not eat and went to 180 in about 5 months and i thought i looked pretty good then got pregnant and went to 220 and just lost 8 lbs afterbirth ! I was wanting to get to 180 again but maybe if it doesnt look to bad I would set 160 as a goal
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I find it odd anyone would consider 160 skinny at that height. At my chunkiest, i was 150 pounds and i am almost 5'10 and not small built. I think in a society full of overweight and obese people, people have lost sight of what is a healthy weight and in some cases are trying to justify remaining overweight.
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and 136 atm.
  • tekeyla25
    Options
    omgosh you look great I think I want to be 130!!!!!!!!!!
  • fabafter5
    fabafter5 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"9 and 160 is my goal. At that weight some people do say that I am too skinny. At goal I was in a size 6/8 pants. I think because I went from a "happy" size 14, it was a little shocking for people close to me.
  • tekeyla25
    Options
    really??? I have been 130 in high school and did not look like that I looked sick. I was 160 once I went in the military I guess it wasnt to skinny but when I look at myself i dont consider myself fat. Ive always been lucky that everything evenly distributes in all areas and then when you keep dropping weight your like this is good. After I came back I got married and I guess let myself go and got to 210 maybe and then got gallbladder and dropped 30 lbs down to 180 and i thought I was skinny then. I guess once your bigger and you drop any weight you think your skinny