Baked Apple

kjllose
kjllose Posts: 948 Member
Just a favorite that I make when I want something sweet.

1 med apple
1 pat butter
1.5 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
.25 tsp nutmeg
.25 cup granola(optional)

Core an apple place in microwave dish. In separate dish mix next 4 ingredients and stuff into apple where the core was. Place in the microwave for 4 minutes. Top with the granola if wanted. Granola is optional so I haven't included it in the calorie count for this recipe.

Number of Servings: 1

Calories 152.1

Total Fat 4.8 g

Saturated Fat 2.8 g

Polyunsaturated Fat 0.3 g

Monounsaturated Fat 1.1 g

Cholesterol 10.7 mg

Sodium 32.2 mg

Potassium 197.2 mg

Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g

Dietary Fiber 5.1 g

Sugars 0.2 g

Protein 0.4 g

Vitamin A 4.1 %

Vitamin C 14.2 %

Calcium 4.6 %

Iron 7.1 %

Replies

• kjllose
    Just a favorite that I make when I want something sweet.

1 med apple
    1 pat butter
    1.5 tsp brown sugar
    1 tsp cinnamon
    .25 tsp nutmeg
    .25 cup granola(optional)

Core an apple place in microwave dish. In separate dish mix next 4 ingredients and stuff into apple where the core was. Place in the microwave for 4 minutes. Top with the granola if wanted. Granola is optional so I haven't included it in the calorie count for this recipe.

Number of Servings: 1

Calories 152.1

Total Fat 4.8 g

Saturated Fat 2.8 g

Polyunsaturated Fat 0.3 g

Monounsaturated Fat 1.1 g

Cholesterol 10.7 mg

Sodium 32.2 mg

Potassium 197.2 mg

Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g

Dietary Fiber 5.1 g

Sugars 0.2 g

Protein 0.4 g

Vitamin A 4.1 %

Vitamin C 14.2 %

Calcium 4.6 %

Iron 7.1 %
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    I usually use this recipe whenever I'm camping as dessert but I wrap it in foil and lay it near the hottest coals to get reflected heat to cook it.

Good recipe and very satisfying for the sweet tooth too!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Oh my gosh, I used to eat these for breakfast all of the time and I completely forgot about them!!!! Thanks for the reminder.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Is it 1 tsp butter? This sounds so good and NORMAL. Is this recipe in the database aleady? Is it under Baked apple? Just wondering in case I make it tonight. I would love to try it. HH
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    I love micro-baked apples!! Never thought of adding the granola......gotta try that!!
  • healthhero
    healthhero Posts: 14 Member
    Sounds great! I'm not a big fan of the microwave so I'm going to try this in the oven. Any suggestions for how long?
  • kjllose
    Sorry I didn't come back to this post in a timely manner. The recipe said 10 minutes in the oven but they didn't cook all the way through so I threw them in the microwave for 4 minutes. I was in a hurry that night. But 10 minutes just didn't do it. And yes it was a tsp of butter, but I'm sure you could use a low fat brand. My daughter told me that I should have put more brown sugar in but I just wanted a little sweet and I figured the more you add the more the calories. I will have to try the foil kind when I go to camp next year. I had just made my granola so I thought that would taste good. Enjoy everyone.