HELP!!!

This week I've been below my goals all week to lose 1lb been jogging 3 times a week football twice this week but managed to put on 2 lbs!!!! The only thing i can think of is that after training lastnight i didn't have my tea until 9:30 PM i've been for a 30 minute jog this morning weighed myself and i've put 2lbs on can someone please explain this i feel like giving up.

Replies

• queenhiphop
    queenhiphop Posts: 286 Member
    I cant explain it but don't give up - hope someone can help you xx
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Firstly your weight varies by +/- 2 lbs naturally, as the water content isn't tightly controlled. So to get a good measurement you should weigh naked after going to the toilet first thing in the morning so it's as stable and repeatable as possible.

A sore muscle is a swollen muscle so water is a likely candidate. A pint of water weighs over a pound.
  • feast4thebeast
    feast4thebeast Posts: 210 Member
    How do you measure your progress? Do you just use the scales or do you also use calipers/measuring tape etc? I would also avoid weight measurement on a daily basis and go for weekly for bi weekly
  • Gemz321
    Gemz321 Posts: 64
    I thınk ıt mıght just be that you had your meal later than usual last nıght, and you dıdnt weight yourself first thing in the morning. İ presume you had already had some water etc by then. İ think your weight will appear normal on the scales again soon. Try not to worry
  • HUNGRYHIPPO68
    HUNGRYHIPPO68 Posts: 22 Member
    ok I can get up and weigh then if I weigh later in day it does flucuate
    I also find that eating late at night affects my weight in morning unless I go to loo lol
    Dont give up I merely look at scales now as rough estimate not an accurate one xx
  • ais048
    ais048 Posts: 19 Member
    I just weight myself on the scales every Friday
  • SL22268
    SL22268 Posts: 59 Member
    I'm in the same boat as you....just trying to not get discouraged!!
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Sorry for this but have you been to the toilet ? Not urine as a large meal weighs
    Also you maybe not eating enough for the amount you burn how many calories are you eating daily?

Do you know your BMR TDEE ?
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    your last diary entry was Monday and that day just shows the morning food. The Saturday and Sunday just show quick added cals to the exact value of your target cals.

So, are you positive you have eaten under target every day this week?
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    your last diary entry was Monday and that day just shows the morning food. The Saturday and Sunday just show quick added cals to the exact value of your target cals.

So, are you positive you have eaten under target every day this week?

^^ this ^^
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,190 Member
    Just keep working at it! Giving up means you will just have to start again. It WILL happen, just takes time!
  • MaryPhilomena
    MaryPhilomena Posts: 31 Member
    Log everything that you eat and drink during the day, every day. and don't guess.
  • ais048
    ais048 Posts: 19 Member
    Yea I eat the same foods most weeks so i know what calories i'm taking in just been lazy and not added to the diary. From today I will add the entry's again and see where i end up next week!!