Resetting Counter and Starting Over. Right or Wrong?

Options
Hello fellow MFPers!

Whenever I have rebooted my healthy lifestyle, usually after a period of Injury, a change of direction or just taking a break, I have always reset my starting weight to 0 and continued tracking from there. I'm now wondering if this was the wrong thing to do, and whether or not I should add my original starting weight back into MFP, purely from a motivational point of view?.

Thoughts and comments please.

Replies

• STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    The answer is personal in terms of motivation (either for yourself or others). I have been using MFP since January 2012, yet I placed my weight history since I began (somewhat half-heartedly) to lose the weight I had put on over a 10 year period. Of course, I had the weight measuremnets to put into MFP and I wish I had my other measurements to go along with it.

It is a reminder of how far I've come to get back to the body I had most of my life until the late 1990's....and the level of effort required.
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Either would be ok, it's whatever works best for you. If you are viewing it as a 'new start' then track from the weight you are today, if you have already lost weight and feel it would help your motivation then use your original starting weight.
  • beachlvr716
    Options
    I would put in my starting weight, so I can see how far I have come,
  • suenix24
    suenix24 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    If it motivates you more, than go it! :)