Who's gotten spanx?

Options
SueD66
SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
and what do you think of them? Just got some yesterday as i have a wedding this weekend and want to look that little bit extra better. Just wondered if others use these and what your thought on them is?

Replies

• pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    theyre uncomfortable but they really slim you and make your curves look better. I would say it's worth it!
  • Sasha0701
    Sasha0701 Posts: 14
    Options
    I have them!! but I never get them in the right size apparently, I always look fatter with them on =(
  • Kyrosh
    Kyrosh Posts: 238
    Options
    I have some and used them for a wedding as well. For me it worked brilliantly! Only a little bit annoying when you have to use the toilet as it takes you a while to put them on, haha!
    But go for it!!
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I have them!! but I never get them in the right size apparently, I always look fatter with them on =(

yeah the sizing is the hardest part about getting them they never seem to fit right. I usually have to get a size bigger than what the chart says.
  • anabell31
    anabell31 Posts: 268
    Options
    I prefer a corset, but sadly it can't be worn under sleek fabrics or tighter outfits without the boning showing. Spanx are great since they don't show at all :D. Just make sure you can breathe!
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I've never, but a friend of mine with a good sense of humor did; and I don't think she was "happy" with the results. She said that instead of looking like the Micheilan tire man with lots of rolls she looked like a sausage in its casing. She was able to wear the dress she wanted to. I think you can purchase spanx for any part of your body.
  • PitBullMom_Liz
    PitBullMom_Liz Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I think they're great. I have the high-waisted shorts, and I find them extremely comfortable to wear. They don't suck my will to live like some of my other foundation garments do. That being said, they don't make an extreme difference - they'll smooth you out a bit all over which is lovely, but if you're looking for major control you'd be better off with a corset or some foundation garment that zips/fastens up the side.
  • FitBunnyEm
    FitBunnyEm Posts: 320
    Options
    this ^^ ...me too...not good for getting on and off quick lol
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    i swear by body control underwear. the best type is ones that are like a big pair of knickers - dont bother with a leotard type of thing its too much hassle and not as much control.

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Waist-Sculpt-Control-Bonded-Knickers/dp/B005AZCIPA?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_35&nodeId=309701031&sr=1-35&qid=1341575421

this type of thing will be your BFF. even my super skinny friends wear them to sort out their tummies when they have to wear super tight body con dresses out.
  • Squeeks70
    Squeeks70 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have them and LOVE THEM! Besides the obvious, they also help your posture by making you stand up straighter. Gives you a slim and lean profile!
  • ShutterBugMomof2
    Options
    Spanx are great! Really they are! My biggest problem is they tend to roll down on me... I have the kind that is like a full body but stop under the boobs. I totally have to second the stuffed sausage look... and hot! oh my! If it is going to be a hot one at least it will keep your thighs from sticking ;)