Meal Ideas...please!

Options
Hiya,

I am feeling very de-motivated this week guys :( Mostly annoyed with myself for having little/no will power, but I am really struggling to find filling meals which keep under my calorie allowance (1200), unless I hit the gym for an hour everyday which I realistically cannot do because of work / life commitments. I can realistically go to the gym for about and hour, 3 times a week. On top of that I do all the normal housework, a walk to the shops here and there etc.

Does anyone have tasty meal ideas which are filling (i.e. not a bowl of sald which I really don't enjoy!) and that won't take up half my free time to prepare? I tend to find unlessI have carbs of some description I am so hungry a couple of hurs later and end up snacking. I drink a good amount of water everyday too.

I am about 5'5" and weigh about 132lbs (target weight is 128).

Replies

• Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Eating protein rich foods will keep you full for longer, so eat yoghurt, chicken, beans etc.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Stir fry is great, it's low calorie, plus it's delicious. I make it home made, and I normally have it with 1/4 cup long grain white rice, which makes me feel full! You can replace the rice with brown rice, noodles, etc. It's a great dinner, full of veggies! I use either chicken or beef as a meat in my stir fry and I let the meat marinate in worchestershire sauce, for that stir fry taste!
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Salmon baked with the seasoning of your choice and 4oz zuchini cooked for 20 minutes in cooking spray and mixed with 1oz feta cheese after cooked.
  • ReinaLorenz
    ReinaLorenz Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    yesterday I threw some chicken breasts in the crock pot with a little bit of bbq sauce...cooked all day shredded it and made an open face bbq chicken sandwich...yum
  • hope76579
    hope76579 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    It helps me to do my cooking on Sunday. I cook chicken breasts, chopp veggies, cook sweet potatoes and make diet coke brownies. Then I freeze most of it. During the work week, I use the freezer stash to make stir fry, to jazz up salad, put over couscous or to mix with low sugar spaghetti sauce over noodles with smoked turkey susage. I mix whole wheat noodles with regular, so far I haven't had complaints from the family. When I cook a healthy stew or sweet potatoe soup I freeze some in single servings.