An NSV. A small one, but still a victory.

Options
InnerFatGirl
InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
I am just so happy about this. I have just moved house and have really been struggling. My Cousin and his girlfriend eat a lot of cr*p, and I get tempted. So I eat it. My Auntie brings home food from work - I end up eating it. I have just reduced my calories to 1450 and it really felt like I was limited. I feel like there's not much I can fit into that. Add to this, my stomach was a bit bloated. So, all these things lead me to believe I'd gained, or at least, maintained. I was feeling very down about it, to say the least.

BUT!

I weighed myself today and I've lost 2.5lbs!!!! That's 30.5lbs in total, and only 17.5lbs away from goal. I'm 165.5lbs now :)

250817_4298713786474_1544535202_n.jpg

Replies

• dougii
    dougii Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    WTG! Great job. You can learn not to bend to the temptations - just keep working at it. Every time you say no to something you will become a little bit stronger!
  • loribenfield
    loribenfield Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work. Funny how much our heads play games with us. You are going great!
  • Jessibear86
    Jessibear86 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    saying "no" can be really hard. I read one of those little motivational pictures that said something along the lines of " you will regret that junk if you eat it, but you wont regret running that mile". Anyways, I try to think of that. I'm on a ship and to get to my shop I have to walk by the only vending machine on the ship which is stocked fool of colorful candies and chips. Sometimes I stop and just look, maybe to tease myself with the reeses, but in the end i know I will regret eating it if i do. Try thinking of that saying, it might help!
  • KMissyD
    KMissyD Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Great Job. Keep up the good work.
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    Thank you guys <3
  • bbbsmama
    bbbsmama Posts: 96
    Options
    Thats so awesome!

*LOVE your screen name*
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    Thats so awesome!

*LOVE your screen name*

Thank you and thank you :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!