Best DVD Workouts

Options
Hello MFP family,

I have to be honest and say working out really does get on my nerves... :/ I know that's horrible, but its true.... mostly because I find everything so boring and can not seem to stick with anything.... Does anyone have any suggestions for some really great work out DVDS that do not leave you bored after the 3rd or 4th day? I would so appreciate it and I know others will as well!

Replies

• Hannah_PRprincess13
    Options
    You know what I'll say INSANITY! LOL It's expensive but it's worth it! I've lost so many inches and lost 4 pants sizes. I'll be posting the before and after pics once I hit 30 days which will be this weekend. I really enjoy Zumba too, but i'm just like you, I get bored easily, but Insanity I'm at it and I'm on my 4th week. I have even tried Belly Dancing too, that's fun also.:smile:
  • niknokd
    niknokd Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Recently I've been obsessed with Jeanette Jenkins Bikini Bootcamp! It's really tough but I think it's actually fun.
  • Stepmom1
    Stepmom1 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Mmm.. I guess it depends on what you like to do. Some people may not get bored with certain workouts and some will but that all depends on what type of workouts you like to do.

I love lifting weights so I don't get easily bored with repetitive weight lifting routines. I like:

P90X
    P90X Plus
    P90X2

Also: I LOVE Cathe Friedrich workout programs! They are awesome and her music selection keeps you motivated!

If you like more cardio, Cathie Friedrich also has a great selection.

But there is also Chalean Extreme (weight/cardio) with great music selection

Rev Abs with Brett Hoebel the trainer from Biggest Loser

Those are some of my favorites.

You can check some previous in you tube.

Good luck!

Again, find what appeals to you and you won't get bored.

Stepmom1
  • KristyJoy123
    KristyJoy123 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Insanity is repetitive though! I love it, but if you're getting bored by workouts, you're probably going to get bored by Insanity.

I suggest going over to Bob Harper's site and buying a few of his DVD's. They are on sale for $5 now I think, so you can get a few to rotate out. They are HARD and they WORK.
  • bjfrezell
    bjfrezell Posts: 241
    Options
    I get bored easily so I rotate my workout DVDs. I also do strength training and Tabata intervals to break things up between days.
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I have to say that's exactly my problem!! I get so bored doing DVD workouts.

Saying that, I am considering TapoutXT as one of my US friends is looking at shipping it to the UK for me. But that's because it's MMA based and I love doing my Tae Kwon Do classes
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I like the Biggest Loser Boot Camp DVD. It's customizable with warm up (5 minutes), level 1 (20 minutes), level 2 (15 minutes), level 3 (10 minutes), and cool down. You can add any/all that you want. If you want to do WU, level 1, level 3, CD, or WU, level 2, level 3, level 2, CD-great. You can add them any way you want. I love it!
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    You know what I'll say INSANITY! LOL It's expensive but it's worth it! I've lost so many inches and lost 4 pants sizes. I'll be posting the before and after pics once I hit 30 days which will be this weekend. I really enjoy Zumba too, but i'm just like you, I get bored easily, but Insanity I'm at it and I'm on my 4th week. I have even tried Belly Dancing too, that's fun also.:smile:

I found the whole set unopened on craigslist for $50...
  • cafqueen
    cafqueen Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love to do workouts off of youtube, you can do a different one every day and never get bored! I really like tiffany rothe and tae bo. the tae bo is cheesy but it burns a lot of cals in a relatively short time.
  • lizblizz28
    lizblizz28 Posts: 166
    Options
    It's not a dvd, but I absolutely LOVE the Befit in 90 series on Youtube.
    It switches things up all the time so you never get bored doing the same moves over and over again.
    Plus its free!!
    Check it out :)
  • Healthymom207
    Healthymom207 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Turbofire.....I have a whole collection of workout DVDs collecting dust, but this is not one of them. First program I have ever stuck with......it's the music I think that keeps me going. Chalene Johnson has kick butt music and has the beats worked into the choreograph of the workouts. She knows when to slow down your heartrate, when to increase and when to keep it at a steady fat burning pace. There is also a time clock on the screen telling you how much longer you have to go, I like that. Chalene is really motivating and you feel like you accomplished something once your done. She has long workouts and short ones.......come on u have 15 minutes in one day to sweat your butt off like crazy and burn some mega calories. Try it out, it doesn't disappoint.
  • slm0257
    slm0257 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for cardio, try Turbo Fire. Its a great workout but really is a lot of fun.
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    My current loves:

Zumba disk sets- any of the official Zumba workouts are SO FUN.
    The Goddess Workout with Dolphina, Tae Bo, and Turbo-jam. Bit old school, but FUN!
    Jillian Michaels: Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism, this is a two disk series (Trouble spots, and the cardio disk).

I like mixing up with these, three cardio, and two 'strength/toning' style ones a week, plus my couch to 5k program in the morning run.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, ChaLean Extreme and TapOut!
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    30day shred. You are limited to the same routine for 10 days on level one, 10 days on level two and 10 days on level three.
    So you get to mix it up a little. Good luck!

p.s. I also hate to excercise :frown:
  • ncates00
    ncates00 Posts: 51
    Options
    I have really enjoyed P90X, P90X+, 1-on1 with Tony series, P90X2, Insanity, Asylum, and a little Tapout XT. My girlfriend likes Turbo Fire and some Jillian as well, but she enjoys the weight lifting, too!
  • MissB0949
    MissB0949 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Borrow from your library to change things up. I hear Turbo Jam is good. I love tae bo.
  • JaneInKansas
    JaneInKansas Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    If you enjoy walking/power walking, Leslie Sansone has some great in-home walking DVDs. These have been a lifesaver for me this summer becuase of the temps being in the 100's. My favortie DVD right now is the Leslie Sansone Walk at Home 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk DVD. You walk 5 miles in 63 minutes with 5 minutes of stretching.
  • sonamon
    sonamon Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I get bored easily with dvd's also but I started Les Mills Pump in January and am still loving them. You get several dvd's with the program, a 20,30, 45 and 2 - 60 minute workouts with a bar bell and weights. You also can get in the program the Combat, Sports attack and Step workouts. It does cost a bit for everything but it is the best money I have spent on a workout program.
  • glenner
    glenner Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I also get very bored but I have been checking out youtube and there is some great stuff there. I like a series called Fitness Blender. They have tons of videos- cardio, interval, boot camp, abs, upper body, lower body. The selection is awesome. I have a t.v. that I can watch youtube on so it makes it easier too. I also like some of the Tracey Anderson ones on youtube. I have downloaded a few of hers that are 10 minutes in length so I can put a selection together and change it whenever I want.