eating enough?

mrsb0310
mrsb0310 Posts: 25 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
hi

im wondering if im eating enough calories to lose weight? ive 1,234 remaining calories and 417 cals from exercise........does this make sense to anyone?? im eating loads!

thanks
liz

this is what im having:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/mrsb0310

Replies

• havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    IT won't show your food diary because it is private
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    You can change your diary settings to public or friends only by going to settings > diary settings. Then we can see it and give input :flowerforyou:
  • mrsb0310
    oops! thats it changed now, thanks ladies x
    ps just had some bicuits with tea so im left with 1000 cal.
    ps im not left hungry eating this way
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    If I were you, I'd load up on veggies with some fruit thrown in there to use up some of the rest. You aren't getting very much healthy protein or fiber. Have you checked the fiber on your meals? You can do that by adding an item to track in diary settings.

For example, you could stir fry some veggies (broccoli, snow peas, onions, zuchini, etc.) with a little olive oil and and add that to your evening meal.

A little bigger breakfast probably wouldn't hurt either. I have a hard time eating enough first thing in the morning, but maybe you could add an egg or or peanut butter or almonds to increase your morning protein?

Eating a bit every few hours is how I keep from being hungry too, or at least, keeps me from being so hungry that I'm willing to cheat.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    I would agree with stormie weather on the fiber, fruits and veggies....

2400 seems high to me as a base - you can try for a couple weeks and see what happens but remember every body is different and everybody has a goal that works for them.
  • angiered
    angiered Posts: 169 Member
    When you set up your account, did you specify how much you wanted to lost each week? That looks more like Maintainence calories.....
  • mrsb0310
    the goal i set up was to lose 1lb per week and as im around 300lbs just now i just assumed thats why the cals were so high? ill re do it and see what happens.

i eat small meals as i dont like the stuffed feeling, when im full i stop. as for the veggies, ive 3 kids thro the day and a job at night so everything has to be quickly done, im happy eating what i eat i was just wondering if im eating enough cals, ill see how i get on with it and if its not working then ill have to add in more bits n pieces. thanks for all the advice ladies, youve beena big help, li zx
This discussion has been closed.