Hello Newbie from London

Options
Hello :bigsmile:
First time on a diet site. Looking forward to getting positive and fit again like I used to be. I am aiming to lose 15 to 20 pounds (and keep it off) hopefully by Xmas. I stopped smoking 33 days ago and feel so much better. Sweeties are my problem and why does wine have to be so fattening?? I have recently bought wii fit. Its brilliant. But over enthusiasm with the tennis game on purchase night meant I could hardly walk the next day but calmed down now and have started a good regime. The yoga is super. In fact its all good and its behind closed doors till your confident enough to step out in a tracksuit. So I hope your all healthy and happy and I would love to have weekly update chats with you be safe and take care :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site is a great place to lose weight and get healthy! There are so many features on here to help you lose weight, I LOVE MFP! Congratulations on not smoking, that is an accomplishment in itself! I would like to lose about 20 pounds (hopefully more) by Christmas myself... :happy: Good luck on your weight loss journey, you can do this! :bigsmile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!! You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • awolfgang
    Options
    Thankyou girls! A lovely welcome. You are both doing so well. I can't wait to post (hopefully) a lost pound or two next Monday.
    I cannot believe a banana is 200 calories!! Before seeing the figures on this site I thought I was eating healthily Oh how wrong I was. :blushing: X
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Thanks! It's amazing how many calories foods do have when you start logging them, but I know I lose a lot more weight when I am counting calories. This site can be a real eye opener. I know for now I haven't been doing too good on my calories.. I went over today, and I did a few times this weekend. Ugh I need to stop eating big breakfasts and I'll be ok! lol. ANYWAY... hopefully me and you both can post a loss by Monday. Good luck :wink:
  • awolfgang
    Options
    Good morning Lisa :bigsmile:
    Got a tip reading some of the messages . If you have time (:laugh: ) plan your days meals in the morning. Only needs to be a quick rough draft (especially if you have set faviourite meals already on there) so you know where you are and what you've got left. It is helping me to be much more focused. And I didn't have a single sweetie yesterday. Woo woo! :happy:
    Alexandra