IS anyone anemic

Options
I am starting to think I might be anemic. I have a couple of the signs but I am not completely sure that is what my problem is. I s anyone on here anemic that could give me a couple of things to do to see if I might be and maybe some foods to eat that will improve my situation.

I am always tired and the under side of my eye lids are pale looking. Talking to myt DH's aunt this weekend she says that might be my problem , but I am a secondopinion

Replies

• mrd232
    mrd232 Posts: 331
    Options
    Only one way to find out and that's to have your blood checked.
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I am anemic and I take iron every day. If I do not take my iron I am so tired the next few days. Yes the only way for sure is to get blood tested.
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    We were out talking about this actually and the guy said that if youre anemic and u take pure gold and rub it on ur skin...then your skin will darken color in that spot
  • dorkzcomic
    Options
    I just make sure to eat red meat three times a week and green vegetables regularly.
  • Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Smadag...

I run on the anemic side all the time. When it get's bad, i am exhausted ALL the time. At my worst (lowest) I was coming home, sitting on the couch for a minute, and falling asleep, which is not like me at all. I also had pica (craved and chomped on ice all the time), which can be another sign of low iron.

I have a high dose iron prescrition, but ever since I started on the prenatal vitamins which contain some iron, I only take 1 prescription level pill 2 times per week.

If you have yourself tested, and you are indeed anemic, your doc will most likely have you start on a 2 - 3 time per week intake for a couple of months and then test you again. then increasing or decreasing according to results.

My only complaint is constipation. Ok, there it is.... the ugly truth about supplemental iron intake!

ileana
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Ileanak

do you feel better if you push through a workout or are you worse
  • Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Smadag,

When I am really low, it doesn't matter whether or not I workout... I am exhausted either way. At my lowest, I was not good at getting to the gym. Not because I didn't want to go, but I would literally fall asleep where ever I sat down..

With mild(er) anemia, I feel a little better .. but I contribute that to feeling better about myself, and not my body.

When I have my low iron in check, I always feel better after the gym.

I would have your levels checked.... if you are anemic, you will feel much better once you have your levels up. If it's not low, then you can tackle these symptoms from a different angle.... barring something else medical , I almost garantee you will feel better after workouts!
  • metalpalace
    Options
    If you can find a vegetarian thread you should find the bulk of anemic people.
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Sometimes your body just can not store Iron properly. I have this problem I have found that if I take my iron pill with OJ it really helps :smile: It is hard and I get mad at myself but sometimes I forget and I get so tired I am useless and can't do anything. I start to bruise easily and the former post was correct if you rub gold, I use my wedding band against your skin it will let you draw on yourself like a pencil. When it is really bad I do not have to do this because my ring finger turns black under and around my rings. Getting a blood test is the only way to be certain but once you have one and find out how much iron to take you can do the gold test to see if you are on track, Good Luck I know it's hard feel free to add me as a friend. Hope you feel better real soon!!! :flowerforyou: Going to take my iron now :wink: :laugh:
  • vdubteach23
    Options
    I am anemic. I take iron and also B12 daily and I get a B12 shot every other week. Try to get plenty of sleep and go to your doctor and get your blood tested. The shots have really helped me with being tired all the time. I would talk to your doctor about them as an option.